Search results

1. T

Swan Hivi X3 Review (Active Monitors)

it seems they are kinda superlux of the speakers which is to me OEM. They manufacture the same speaker and other companies resell them under different brands. These are Nikabe S7
  2. T

Audeze MM-500

Audeze just announced MM-500 headphones for audio professionals. I guess it's made for mixing and mastering audio. Lighter than their popular LCD-X. MM means Manny Marroquin he is one of the best mix engineers in the world. More info https://www.audeze.com/products/mm-500
  3. T

New Rode NTH-100 headphones.

I am an audio engineer sitting in a well-tuned room, with great pro-grade speakers (4 different pairs). Our job is to make a song sounds good on every source from speakers to hifi, to dirty cheap headphones to luxury ones. I think I have some good experience mixing music, working on sound with...
  4. T

I have LCD-X and my neck is the issue. I can't wear them during sessions and go home without pain in my neck.
  5. T

I suspect pads because when I put some pressure on the pads the center image is getting a spot on but the moment I let go, it's getting off the track. Maybe we need to wear it more. The measurements show that the channel matching is pretty much perfect. It can be an issue of weight distribution...
  6. T

The rubber stopper is affecting the sound significantly, when removed the imaging and balance are really off. What really strange is that even the rubber stopper has a little hole and if you hold your finder there to block it completely the wide feeling, especially on the low end disappears and...
  7. T

Finally, I got my hands on it. The build quality is I guess class-leading at this price range. They are comfy but they are NOT super comfy. They have just enough padding to work with them. I find the very sub-bass area is lacking very deep low, sounds like a bit HD650, Sundara at that range...
  8. T

What would be the ultimate headphones for an accurate representation of mixing and mastering audio for you then? Like we mix on headphones and we get a perfect result representation on studio monitors.
  9. T

There is a huge hype going on for these headphones. I hope to see Amir's review before I even pull the trigger.
  10. T

looking forward to it.
  11. T

Why do speakers sound different when they measure the same?

I think they mean "IF they measured the same" they would sound different anyway. I have no idea but maybe 2 different speakers measured perfectly flat and their axis are the same they will still sound different they mean.
  12. T

Why do speakers sound different when they measure the same?

Very interesting information from Klaus Heinz from Hedd Audio formerly known Adam Audio designer.
  13. T

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

I am in the business for almost 25 years and there are very few who can handle working on a track for more than 4 hours without losing the perspective. If the statement says "the best state will be after 1000 hours burn in" it's 250 working days for average usage. If you don't work weekends...
  14. T

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

The amount of hype this company gets among audio engineers is unbelievable. I knew that it's garbage. Thanks to Amir he showed us.
  15. T

Can you define me a threshold for "audible - hearable"?

Paul, I tried wine and crossover with no luck :( I would loooovve to have a native Macosx version for this state of the art software and I am ready to donate or purchase if there is any plan once I see it working on macOS as a native app. I can sure run Parallel Desktop but it's slower to...
  16. T

Paul, With all my respect for your work, and I am really looking for you to port DeltaWave so we can use it on Macosx too, I was referring to this test. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/pk-error-metric-discussion-and-beta-test.19841/page-3#post-715298 I downloaded the...
  17. T

I did read those books, these are mostly made over SPL measurements, and sure I accept it. The goal is here when there are 2 audio files and we create the DELTA differences, what is the absolute threshold scientifically. For example, you use 2 compressor emulations shootout and they sound...
  18. T

I hope Amir can create a video about it. We have to find a real scientific result. There are some cases for example DeltaWave PK Metric fails.
Top Bottom