Search results

1. J

Moondrop Chu

I bought the Chu mainly because I could get it next day delivery from Amazon and while waiting for my Truthear Zero's to arrive, I was curious for something close to the Harman curve. The Truthear Zero are taking forever to clear EU customs. But this has given me more time to appreciate the Chu...
  2. J

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Yes I know that review of the A07 (I bought 2 A07's because of it) - my point is I don't really think this Fosi Audio device is a "completely different type of product"? It uses the same amplifier chip - but it looks to me like they added tone control, a bit extra power but at the cost of worse...
  3. J

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

How is it totally different? Seems like it has tone controls but tests worse than the A07 for SINAD?
  4. J

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Now if only @Fosi Audio made the new version available with the same 50% off offer on Amazon.co.uk ;)
  5. J

It happens in lots of industries (especially more technical ones) - you only have to do is look at the specs of the latest laptops. Guaranteed the battery life specs are mostly when someone isn't using it ;) (i.e. the screen is blank and its not running any software) and the CPU speed...
  6. J

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

Yes I agree the RCA is a shame, but I do think the reason to get an A03 is mostly to have a full digital workflow for music - I like the idea of taking a digital source (e.g. Wiim Mini optical output) and processing that signal with a FDA like the A03. As for power I also like that the A03 has a...
  7. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

This video from the CheapAudioMan reminded me that I have another device a "Belkin Soundform connect" in my house which the Wiim Mini app totally connects to and controls - pretty handy as I can use the one app and any sources setup in the Wiim Mini app can be made to play by the Belkin device...
  8. J

ok - fair enough - I haven't pushed it that much but its a nice device - though I would prefer the Aiyima A07 + external DAC - but for a small standalone device its great (and the Subwoofer output does work)! Actually, I was thinking of using it as part of a replacement for a soundbar tomorrow...
  9. J

If you go by Aiyima own chart - 36v will provide 170w https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51sPAYPd9HL._SL500_.jpg - I seem to remember devices will just pull what they require so it won't pull 6a it will pull 5a (from a 6a power supply). But in my experience this is mostly total BS - this is...
  10. J

Volumio Integro - A new fully featured Amp

I completely agree as far as a Streamer is concerned - nothing is beating the Wiim Mini from a value perspective (and their mobile App behaves much better than Volumio) - but I do like the idea of a single small package with a decent Amp / Streamer / DAC with speakers + Sub support and a...
  11. J

Why would you get this over the Aiyima A07?
  12. J

Volumio Integro - A new fully featured Amp

Looks like great Amp on paper - https://volumio.com/en/integro/ - no idea on the price - but while Volumio is a bit buggy (at least for me the mobile apps seems to get disconnected and have to be restarted multiple times per day) - I do love that a Volumio device can have all the usual...
  13. J

Well according to this image it will work fine https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51sPAYPd9HL._SL500_.jpg - it will just give you a little more power - always hard to know with manufacturer provided power ratings (and possible the bigger power supply will introduce more noise) - its a pity this...
  14. J

Measurement of applied EQ question?

Yes, I have a similar experience with a "flat" response - and I agree that possible for a given track a certain instrument might be emphases and that is sort of my 'concern' - if say a famous perfectly tuned instrument that might have been used in various classic recordings (think a Stratocaster...
  15. J

Well the question(s) were more less that we ca now change the sound of IEMs especially ( but also speakers ) using DSP to normalise them to a standard curve and potentially make them sound like any other measured IEM. If that is the case what is the subjective thing that makes the difference...
  16. J

So, I am 95% in the objective camp and 5% in the subjective camp as far as Measurements are concerned but I have 2 thoughts / concerns and apologies if they have been discussed previously. My main concern is around what I might call " measurements loopback" (i.e. measuring and comparing the...
  17. J

Plex vs Roon

So Plex are having a week of videos about their software - so today they shared a video by their CTO about Plexamp - So in my opinion they are doing some very clever things especially with the playlist suggestions. I know that Roon has a slicker UI and DSP - but Plexamp especially after the...
  18. J

Aiyima T9

Much more similar to the A07 - with digital inputs I think it sounds great - not so much with the RCA inputs - probably needs a bit more power (I don't think you can get as high power output as you can from the A07).
  19. J

Aiyima T9

I think these amplifiers are great - they have allowed me to try and experiment with things - while leave my main system alone - and though I am going to sell my T9 (though I do like it) - I have an A07 which is fantastic paired with a reasonable DAC!! And I recently got the Aiyima D03 which I...
  20. J

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I tried them and they didn’t work either - the only thing that fully worked for me with the AirPods Pro were using an adapter and then using a bigger ear tip but then case would not close properly- but I did get a reasonable solution ( not a total seal but nearly ) using the foam from those tips...
Top Bottom