Search results

1. D

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

The nature of the headphone doesn't change drastically, but the bass will become a bit tighter and more focused and soundstage depth and clarity improve. We do the majority of burn-in before matching but it does continue to a lesser degree for the first week or two of listening.
  2. D

Sure. The diaphragm is a thin PET membrane with aluminum traces that have been pleated. The PET slowly detentions to a steady state, mostly during factory burn in, but the Al traces which are substantially less elastic take a while longer to settle to their final geometry as the driver flexes...
  3. D

Absolutely! Hope to see you there!
  4. D

Not usually but if it does the glass' arms can either be rested on top of the pad or inserted in the pad a bit above the ear. Glasses with very thick frames and/or ones that pull away from the face as soon as they leave the ear are hardest to fit. ~415gr
  5. D

EU price went up 20% because Euro is down 20% and the distributors could no longer absorb the currency fluctuation, the Euro to $ is 1:1. When you add ~24% VAT plus shipping you get the EU price. Also in the US taxes are added after purchase where in the EU they're included.
  6. D

Absolutely! See you there!
  7. D

The trick with a jaw gap is to place the headband further back on the head, which rotates the point of the pad up onto the jaw, it isn’t always a solve but for many w a very defined jaw line this helps. Thanks for the nice note regardless…
  8. D

Alas, we don’t talk about future products. There’s no better way to go out of business than to promote that which doesn’t exist. Same as STEALTH. STEALTH and EXPANSE use larger, softer pads that improve seal considerably. The biggest fit issue is glasses that pull away from the face as soon as...
  9. D

We revised VOCE a with new pads this spring and it has a midrange and too much closer to EXPANSE a tonally than it used to With the original pad. EXPANSE of course puts out more bass and as a planar can handle higher SPL. VOCE will, with a very good amp, still outperform in the ultimate...
  10. D

I’ll just say it’s part of the system design. Everything in the headphone is interrelated.
  11. D

Yes please, there‘s a form on the website or email us at [email protected]….
  12. D

How turns out to be a very big question… There’s a decade of learning and technology that got us to the point where we can do this now reliably…. Certainly AMTS is a big part but I need to consider what else to share without giving away the farm.
  13. D

For $60k we will include an amp and a car…
  14. D

We've played around with this and they do make a nice tweeter. But we don't want to make speakers, not the right business for us. We use them for our personal projects... Crossover point would be very dependent on the design, pretty hard to answer generically without knowing SPL and related...
  15. D

Hi everyone! If I see technical questions in the thread I'll update this post with responses so it's easy for folk to find. Cheers, Dan
  16. D

Neurochrome HP-LOAD Review (Headphone Dummy Load)

AP software is awesome but there are some functions one would want that they just don't have, such as the ability to make groupings of measurements within a set to create multiple averages, per the prior note you have to create the averages from separate test set files, export then import. It's...
  17. D

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

For Stealth I do suggest 500mW at 22 ohms For desktop. If you don’t listen loudly, e.g. listen under 90db, to save your ears, less power will do. I was working as a consultant to some loudspeaker companies as a moonlight gig before I soured on internet security…
  18. D

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions. The 4.4 is balanced And the 2000 doubles output voltage in balanced. AK doesn’t publish power specs and very few of their players support high current at low z so depending on your volume it may limit or clip early And balanced may not help much...
Top Bottom