Search results

1. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Am i doing this wrong? Kef Reference 5 Bi-Amping

I don’t think so. Simplistically each amp is still amplifying the full range-signal and then half that amplified signal is being “thrown away“ in the crossover. So the total power available is roughly unchanged
  2. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Why are there so few omnidirectional speakers?

Duke still manufactures his speakers doesn't he? @Duke (I've always wanted to listen to them too, but I'm not aware of any in Australia :( )
  3. Sir Sanders Zingmore

A Call For Humor!

Reminded me of "Look Around you"
  4. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Why are there so few omnidirectional speakers?

I‘ve probably asked this before but didn’t understand the answer: I though that Toole et al‘s research showed that speakers with an even off-axis response were preferred. Surely it doesn’t get more even than an omni?
  5. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

These are why headphones are such great value imagine someone designing as near as dammit to the perfect speakers and selling them for $4k. Well done @Dan Clark
  6. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Interesting video on how power is actually transmitted.

already a very long thread on this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/speaker-wires-dont-carry-any-energy-power.28291/
  7. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Denafrips Aries II DAC Questions

surely the distortion in this particular example of old tech is inaudible?
  8. Sir Sanders Zingmore

A Call For Humor!

Reminds of this series of photos from an aged care home https://pleated-jeans.com/2020/07/12/nursing-home-recreates-album-covers-07-11-20/
  9. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Limited Room Size Acoustic problems and potential solutions/compromises

Surely a euro-centric thread should use the metric system :):)
  10. Sir Sanders Zingmore

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

I honestly don't understand your point. Thing is, I don't need to. I'm talking about your very detailed explanations about why the M-Scaler makes an audible difference. The reason I don't need to understand your explanations is that they can be ignored completely due to the fact that no-one has...
  11. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Why are we continuing to discuss (in great detail) the hypothetical reasons for a non-existent audible difference?
  12. Sir Sanders Zingmore

?? Surely all that’s required is to switch the M-scaler in and out in a properly conducted (level matched etc) DBT
  13. Sir Sanders Zingmore

the fact that there does not exist a single properly documented double blind test showing an audible difference lends enormous weight to the theory that perceived differences are not caused by the reasons you (and Watts) suggest.
  14. Sir Sanders Zingmore

I was saying that despite all of the reasons you give as to why this device should be audibly advantageous (or even audibly different), it isn’t. This device makes no audible difference
  15. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Can you explain the bet? I don’t understand what you mean
  16. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Fascinating. You have lots and lots of reasons why this device should make an audible difference, and yet it doesn’t.
  17. Sir Sanders Zingmore

dbx 1231 Graphic EQ Review

I’m not sure I follow. When you say the “ initial phase issues” do you mean the issues introduced by EQ or issues that were there prior to EQ (sorry for the basic questions)
  18. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Sorry but the M scaler does nothing to reverse compression in music.
  19. Sir Sanders Zingmore

dbx 1231 Graphic EQ Review

Even linear phase EQ?
Top Bottom