Search results

1. H

SMSL PO100

Was curious about that too, I like the full-sized USB but not that it needs yet another plug + I don't need the HDMI interface at all, never will for this setup. I figured sacrificing for the MicroUSB port in the regular U2 and still getting the same XMOS interface (plus saving some dollars and...
  2. H

SMSL PO100

Ah okay sounds good, thank you! I will be using both outputs so that is a bit concerning. I might end up with the Douk after all.
  3. H

SMSL PO100

Did you ever make any progress with this? A bit concerned if these are the measurements from a factory working unit. Just ordered one to use out of a Raspberry Pi, I'll swap it for the Douk Audio U2 (reviewed here...
  4. H

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I agree here. I got it recently and it's awesome, but I'm in a similar camp here depending on the track. Can easily max out in medium gain and want more. Because it can handle my 6XX well at high gain and seems to have enough headroom, I think I'll stick with it. My volume knob is a bit crooked...
  5. H

Medium is 0db/unity gain so you're absolutely good to go at that setting if it works for you. 12 o'clock is a good place to be, no need for high gain for sure and low gain would drop you too far down on the volume knob range I'd think.
  6. H

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Ah of course that takes sense! So it's really all about how much gain over and above unity gain the amp provides.
  7. H

I wish the E30 v1, D10, heck all DACs with screens, had the option to turn it off or time it out while in use!
  8. H

So it seems that, with 2Vrms in at least (but I imagine this would not matter), the L50 and L30 v1 have the same or extremely similar power output when both are set to medium/0dB gain (L50 has it marked M and L30 has it marked 0dB but I imagine they represent the same). Flicking the switch to...
  9. H

Thanks for that info. I wanted to try the suede ones, mine are beginning to show some wear. That is an awesome DAC! I wonder if there are any budget DACs that have variable RCA output (or fixed at 3-4Vrms). Balanced ones (should) be able to fish 4Vrms but to get 3-4 through RCA would be awesome...
  10. H

What DAC? And what pads are those? Looking awesome! Maybe I need to get used to lower levels then haha. With 2Vrms RCA in and -9.5dB preamp for EQ, I can max out the L50 in high gain (not for all tracks but some) and still sometimes want a bit more. Granted, there are some tracks there blast...
  11. H

So I borrowed the NuPrime DAC-9 from my dad's setup for some testing and comparisons (he hasn't used it since I got it for him a while back, ended up getting some other mini phono box to a combo DAC/Amp and has been using that exclusively). It outputs up to 4Vrms through RCA and up to 8Vrms...
  12. H

Thanks for the notes about your experience there. Did you find the L50 lacking even when the E50 was feeding it? Were you using balanced connections? I ask because the D10 balanced should output a similar ~4Vrms as the E50 does with balanced connections and with over 600 milliwatts as tested, it...
  13. H

So the L50 arrived. I love the feel, that volume pot is awesome. Great form factor and fit and finish. However, there is only a bit more headroom than the original L30 (which I've decided that I will be returning soon enough). I connected them using an RCA splitter out of my E30 DAC and then a...
  14. H

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Curious, would the output remain at ~4Vrms regardless of the volume setting within Windows? If the DAC output is consistent, I imagine it's just a volume control before the chain (as far as Windows goes).
  15. H

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

I suppose I'll always implement at least the 0.2. If I've got the headroom I may "feel better" with it even lower but I understand your point @dasdoing
  16. H

Awesome! That is good to know, perhaps the L50 will suit my needs just fine then. I have a pre-amp gain of -12dB or so, this is another reason for the concern. But it will be getting 2Vrms from an E30, but good to know the 1.5Vrms from the FiiO D03K in the living room might be enough if I decide...
  17. H

Hmm okay, thank you for the responses. If the pre-amp recommendation for an EQ curve accounts for the EQ settings, then I think I will decrease a further 3dB to be "super safe". Perhaps I'll need to start using the balanced cable with my Aune X7s (a lot of power on tap) or ensure its eventual...
  18. H

If the baseline recommendation is to run -4dB across the board, should I add that to whatever curve I'm applying? For example, the oratory curve for HD650 wants a -9.3dB pre-amp setting. Would I make it -13.3dB to "do it right" based on this thread? Thanks for the awesome work and info here by...
  19. H

I use oratory's HD650 preset (with the 105 low shelf filter at 4dB instead of 5, only change I've made so far) and the pre-amp wants -9.3dB. I have an Aune X7s and at medium gain I don't have enough on the volume knob depending on the track. High gain is quite high at 20dB on that amp. The...
  20. H

Thanks for the detailed info! How did you do the math on that? Curious to find out. Currently the HD6XX but looking into the 250Ohm DT1990 or something else soon as well. It seems that the L30 II is able to deliver its full power with 2Vrms (I'm guessing at high gain) which might end up...
Top Bottom