Search results

1. M

Why are there so few omnidirectional speakers?

+1 .. I've had my entry-level Ohm MicroWalsh Talls since 2004 and never once thought they lacked in imaging or soundstage, quite the opposite in fact.
  2. M

Tube gear section.

I’d like to see a dedicated section. Why not? Are we not here to learn and share our experiences? There’s plenty of us who enjoy tubes for what they bring to the mix. Distortion, yes. Deviation from neutral/transparent, yes. All well known, of course, and yet there’s still a lot of interest in...
  3. M

SMSL DA-9 stuck on "S.M.S.L" boot screen (won't power on)

I've had mine for just over 2 months now and so far so good.
  4. M

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I used F3 when I first got the DAC and now use F6. Both filters sound good to my aging ears. Here's an excerpt from Arichmago's Part I review that may be of interest: "As a technically accurate audiophile, I like FL6 "Linear Fast Roll-Off" as being one with good frequency extension, sharp...
  5. M

Taking the leap of (non)faith ... and thank you

I can relate. I've been in the game for decades and would say my audio pursuit has been pretty typical of most audiophiles. I've shelled out a lot of hard earned cash over the years upgrading and changing direction, always hopeful of course. I value the experience for the knowledge gained but...
  6. M

Who makes the most solid bookshelf enclosure?

Mark & Daniel uses CAM (Compound Artificial Marble) for their enclosures. Solid. Heavy.
  7. M

I've been using coax and DP1 for the past 3 weeks without issue, not even a minor hiccup.
  8. M

No, it reverts back to the sample rate after volume adjustment.
  9. M

Sorry, it was @MRC01 I was thinking of.
  10. M

Not much leeway at all but it works fine otherwise.
  11. M

I've had the DO100 for a few weeks now running balanced into an AO200. I stream 16.44.1 - 24/192 without issue from my own library and Qobuz via Blusound Node N130 (coax-out). Currently using DP1 and FL3 setting (thanks to @restorer-john recommendation in the SU-6 thread). No hiss, pops, clicks...
  12. M

SMSL DO100 DAC & HO100 Headphone amp

The review we hoped for has landed. Thank you @amirm and Aoshida!
  13. M

@Nonick .. just checked mine and with my ear nearly touching the DAC I do detect a faint whine while OFF. Dead silence when ON.
  14. M

I haven't noticed any type of noise with mine but I will check tonight after work.
  15. M

At the end of this blog post @Archimago wrote a nice little preview of the DO100. Hopefully he does a full review in the very near future.
  16. M

SMSL AO200 - XLR or RCA but not both?

Thank you both. @Katji .. I thought as much and appreciate the clarification.
  17. M

The AO200 has input for both XLR and RCA and the inputs are selected through the menu. If only 1 input is active then why not have 2 sources connected, one of each for convenience if nothing else? Is this a circuitry thing .. balanced vs fully balanced? And what if 1 source was off or unplugged...
  18. M

I've seen mention of this somewhere but couldn't remember exactly where. IIRC it was in reference to a Topping amp not SMSL. I searched ASR and Googled it as well and found nothing definitive, so I contacted SMSL support. Here's the reply: They provided no other explanation. I'm curious as to...
Top Bottom