Search results

1. T

DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and Scan-Speak

Like all your relations, you didn't ask them, but they're all coming for Christmas: :eek: eXtra Small rooms 26 x 13 x 17cm (LxWxD) featuring 4.0" Purifi PTT4.0X-04: -3dB extension: 55Hz ...Cabinets in progress Small rooms 30cm x 20cm x 20cm; featuring 5.25" Purifi PTT5.25X-04 : -3dB extension...
  2. T

DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and Scan-Speak

Good that you are aware of the limitations of the preference score. I agree. But If it aint got shorting rings in it I don't bother. I wouldn't bother with Affordable Accuracy Monitor- too constrained in dynamic range. Of course it might be suitable for smaller rooms or BGM. And the Samba MT-...
  3. T

No experience with that woofer, sorry. It models and measures well though, what's holding you back? Sometimes you have to take the next step...
  4. T

Double 12” woofers. System sensitivity true 92-93dB @2.83V anechoic. No ports. No sub. No bass boost (excess group delay) They “only” go down to 40Hz. Except Like dynamite.
  5. T

One might think that, huh? I won’t comment on other people’s designs, there are pros and cons of all loudspeakers. I’ll tell you what I have to offer: This one has a preference (tonality) score of 6.9 Here’s my main speaker 3 way, which was the reference comparison for this design. Yeah...
  6. T

You don’t have to follow crapbook. It’s just may be faster to get a response that way. Edit: updated disclosure-
  7. T

Project brief- To design a small speaker with a big sound, with the aid of the Klippel Near Field Scanner for complete measurements in 360 degrees! Classic 1/2 cubic foot (14L) 2 way with 6.5" midwoofer / 1" tweeter, stand-mount Driver selection: Midwoofer: Purifi 6.5" Xtended x-max aluminium...
  8. T

"Secrets" about the consumer audio business you may find interesting

There is a need to believe. That in our mostly mundane jobs, if we have toiled and flogged ourselves, we “deserve” something nice as a reward after all that. If it costs more it must be better. If it looks nice it must be better. What other metric have we got? We can’t be all experts at...
  9. T

Neumann KH150

Have a look JBL 4367, on Erin’s audio corner, it’s arguable even better than the M2. I’d take the Salon 2 over that ugly M2 any day ending with a Y. And have we forgotten about Project Everest? Makes M2 look like a poverty package.
  10. T

Neumann KH150

Buy it or don’t buy it I don’t see the point of complaining. It’s a new product and the market determines the pricing. Ilkless is correct it IS competitive with (better at some frequencies, worse at others) with the PTT 6.5X-04. Either they are using a customised Purifi midwoofer or taken a...
  11. T

Music Production - Virtual Instruments

Which came first, the good workman, or the good tools (the chicken or the egg)
  12. T

Music Production - Virtual Instruments

Honestly the single most complete package is Logic Pro. The challenge is a) runs only in Mac b) so deep and wide in its capabilities you need to do a course just to use it. And not just one course. The reason is that it’s so old- almost 30 years. It was there soon after the birth of MIDI and...
  13. T

JBL SA600 Vintage Amplifier Review

Well you can see now why early SS amplifiers had a bad reputation... Kinda like the first class-D amplifiers... Or the first computers... Or first internet enabled mobile phones... First color TVs Even when you take out the power supply PS noise it meets the spec of 0.1% distortion (SINAD...
  14. T

Neumann KH150

Didn’t you say 42 way? Sorry I thought you were being sarcastic or flippant.
  15. T

Kali audio IN-8 V2 measurements

Its a resonance of some kind; port perhaps. Internal standing waves perhaps. It’s not the woofer because they are pistonic in that range, I haven’t investigated further, maybe one fine day…
  16. T

Neumann KH150

The score with Sub rating is theoretical score with a “perfect sub”. That is, it removes the low frequency limitation of the speaker, and takes it all the way down to 16Hz. Like if you have the theoretical ideal subwoofer. In practice, integrating a subwoofer into a room is a non-trivial task...
  17. T

There is! Just not on those particular cables to the midrange. I would rather Dacron or polyester fibrefill in the cabinet. There is only light foam on the walls.
  18. T

Neumann KH150

Well have you noticed the only speaker that has a preference score of 8, so far, is a 4 way? https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/scores.html The single driver that does DC to 40KHz at theatre reference levels (85dB at listening position with 20dB dynamic range) doesn’t exist… If you...
  19. T

Rub/fuzz is not an uncommon problem and usually manifests as high order distortion. I’m talking 5th, 6th, 7th harmonics, 9th harmonics. They are totally unrelated to the musical signal. The thing is, they are easily audible to the human ear. You don’t need a Klippel, but you need to know what...
  20. T

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

How long does a phone or laptop last? People in "the industry" will say 3 years... Soon you'll be rebooting your speakers..
Top Bottom