Search results for query: DP3

1. B

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Correction: I just realize i did not install the other firmware update precisely the usb firmware update. Since now, wow my D300 can play in DOP mode for dsd and of course no more pop noise with my dsd files (64-256). Dear Toku, Cheers for the support! :)
  2. Toku

Set the PRE MODE setting to Vol Fixed. ROHM's DAC chip cannot play DSD unless it is Vol Fixed. SMSL simply states that DoP mode is available, and does not say at all on which inputs DoP can be used. I think DoP mode is probably only valid for USB input.
  3. S

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

Dear amirm, First of all, thank You very much for Your detailed review. I am an old user of SMSL products, I own SMSL A8 and DP3. Since I had some problem with A8 (it had a bad design that every A8 had a hissing sound when the silence is on the input), I searched for the reviews and I found...
  4. T

SMSL DP5 Music Streamer and DAC Review

...changing the firmware do the following: 1. Copy the file (update.upt) of the original (or any correct) firmware to the SD card and install it in DP3. 2. Plug the DP3 into an electrical outlet. 3. Simultaneously press and hold the "Power" and "FN" buttons (on the DP3 face). For DP5 it is...
  5. T

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

...if so, at least in this way I will listen to music. However, I connect my Pioneer N30 via the optical cable and I only have 44.1. After coaxial with DP3 there is such a signal as it comes out of DP3. What else can I do? I would like the USB in the SU to work because the sound suited me best then.
  6. B

I did install successfully the firmware update but still have the same problem with my streamer (SMSL DP3). Cannot use DSD DOP mode with the D300 and with native mode i still make a pop noise. Anyway any dac with native mode with my streamer give me also the pop noise. Some people here did try...
  7. T

I did as you prompted, but to no avail. Other DAC Topping, DP3 computer is properly detecting. So take it easy that the SU is damaged! Thank you for your help.
  8. R

DAP for desktop??

There is also the old DP3 from SMSL. I used it myself for a while and didn't find it bad at all. Music purely via Micro SD, PC USB, HDD USB, Lan, Bluetooth and other digital inputs. It also outputs the signal digitally to other DACs. In addition analog out and headphone connection. You have to...
  9. JRG123

Were you able to use it with the NVidia shield TV that time? Can you now? It's weird indeed. But I don't see how the NVidia shield TV could unset the DAC or damage it. I mean, it's not a storage device, you don't need to disconnect it the safe way. At least you were playing music and accidentaly...
  10. M

WolfX700 Measurements of Topping Pre90/Ext90 Preamplifier/ Extender

@JohnYang1997 Is the production of a digital player also planned? Something like S.M.S.L. Dp3 but with Topping quality. I have nothing against S.M.S.L. The Dp3 is a very good product at its price, but I would prefer Topping quality. :-)
  11. M

Topping PA5 measurements )

...try and do something amazing on the LM3886 -although I sincerely doubt it. SMSL is a "fast fashion" like a most of chinese brands. I had their Dp3's and quickly sold this misfire with underdeveloped software. There has also been a large crosstalk between channels and despite many requests...
  12. T

...but it came new and worked properly until I connected it to NVidia shield TV. It's hard! It is probably damaged. Fortunately, I still have DP3 :-). Is it possible to upload software to SU8? Because USB behavior is strange. Once on the USB DAC input it shows "no signal" sometimes 44.1 and...
  13. dmac6419

WolfX700 Measurements of Topping Pre90/Ext90 Preamplifier/ Extender

Quality is on par with SMSL,Topping doesn't make a lot of product and they have made some not so good ones like everyone else
  14. G

Opinions on Hypex Plate (FusionAMP) Amplifiers?

...with a volume control? I was thinking about smsl sd9, but someone confirmed i could not use the rotary knob as volume control, does smsl dp3 or dp5 knob control vokume output in digital? Ideallt, i wid find a device that can play my files on ly hard disk, control volumr by rotary knob and...
  15. pavuol

SMSL DP5 Music Streamer and DAC Review

Interestingly, I found a customer review on the Amazon listing for "lower" model SMSL DP3 also complaining about Input switchinch and SW in general: Looks like the HW / SW department of SMSL lacks "balance".. :rolleyes:
  16. BillG

Is there a device that can send my digital music to my Amp that offers BT remote control and is not a battery powered DAP?

There are other such devices on the market, but they tend to be ridiculously expensive from "audiophile" brands. I suspect the market is small as the majority of people would probably just use a desk/laptop instead. This may interest you as well: https://headfonics.com/smsl-dp3-review/
  17. N

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

FYI driver v. 4.82 is available on the website now. https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/#all Download S.M.S.L M200, M300, M400, M500, DP3 Drivers [4.82.0]
  18. D

I advice everyone NOT to use this drivers. Causes audio drops on my M500...
  19. Toku

It's the same as the SU-9 driver that can be downloaded from SMSL's HP.
Top Bottom