Search results

1. VMAT4

Is Western Electric selling a Push-Pull amplifier (91E) as a Singlended ?

Maybe you should get an Electrical Engineering degree so you could reason this out for yourself as opposed to trusting Tubecad over WE. But I also wouldn't trust any tube amp to be high fidelity in this day and age.
  2. VMAT4

The kit we bought, our current setups

I'm not selling 'em. They're keepers. I'm just hoping the Buchardts are a better match to my listening room. I found the T1s to have an open non fatiguing sound with a good frequency response. But the T1s are, well, not pretty.
  3. VMAT4

The kit we bought, our current setups

Just bought a pair of Buchardt S400 speakers to replace my Emotiva Airmotiv T1 speakers. They've not arrived yet. Pics next weekend.
  4. VMAT4

Integrated Amp Upgrade - Separates or Integrated?

Hold on a minute! The miniDSP SHD Series is a Roon end point. Go with that $1300, about, and a BuckEye amp of your preference.
  5. VMAT4

Integrated Amp Upgrade - Separates or Integrated?

Have you considered a RPi running Volumio for streaming? Then maybe you could move up to a miniDSP Flex? You're currently set up for 2.1. I'd not start out on the path to a dedicated HT set up until new living quarters are secured. But, as Marantz has not tested well here at ASR, you'd be better...
  6. VMAT4

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Any drinkers of Turkish coffee here? I have the bare minimum to prepare. I've had it two or three times now and like it! Any tips on preparation? Any preferred brand of coffee? Is a Turkish coffee maker worth the money?
  7. VMAT4

Grimani Systems Rixos-L Review (Active DSP Speaker)

How about $8000 to listen to music. Same difference, as we used to say.
  8. VMAT4

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - I've faded, but I am not down and out yet!)

Hang in there and keep moving about! Great to hear you'll be with us longer.
  9. VMAT4

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

$130 to $140 off Kanto YU6 Speaker Pairs at Crutchfield. Here's the link.
  10. VMAT4

All I Need Is A Good Clean 80 wpc! Are We There Yet?

Apos emailed me that they are now offering the S.M.S.L A300 for sale. Here's a link to the company product page. At under $200 this is very competitive for 85 wpc at 1% THD. But, is this the good clean 80 wpc I'm talking about? Or, are one or two generations away from it. Your opinions, please.
  11. VMAT4

My Denon X4700H died today...

How are your speakers connected? Bared wire? Spade connectors, banana plugs? Could there be short in any of the connections?
  12. VMAT4

what are your industrial design favorites?

I added these two videos to my post on the Pennsylvania Railroad T1. Here I'll post them again:
Top Bottom