Search results for query: ifi

1. amirm

ifi iPurifier3 USB Filter Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi iPurifier 3 "USB Audio and Data Signal Filter." It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $149. The iPurifier 3 comes in a gorgeous and nice to feel ceramic (?) enclosure. The enclosure give is enough weight to feel substantial but not...
  2. amirm

ifi Zen Air Phono Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi Zen Air Phono stage with moving coil and moving magnet support. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $99. This is the first ifi product I have seen in this casing which is made out of plastic. It is textured and actually feels...
  3. amirm

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi Zen Phono pre-amp. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $199. As you can see, it comes in a similar case to other (newer) ifi line. And as with those, the white labels are not legible in all but one or two angles. The left switch...
  4. amirm

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi Zen CAN balanced headphone amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $150 from Amazon including Prime shipping. The design is identical to new line of budget products from ifi: No, it is not just the pictures. The silver...
  5. amirm

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi hip dac combination USB DAC and portable headphone amplifier (with battery). It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $169 from Amazon including Prime shipping. I don't know why ifi thinks this is a "hip" dac as the enclosure is a...
  6. amirm

ifi Zen Blue Review (Bluetooth Receiver & DAC)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi Zen Blue Bluetooth Receiver and DAC. It was sent to me by the company for testing months back and costs US $129 on Amazon with Prime shipping. There is now a version 2 of it. From my read of their description, it has a better antenna. Not...
  7. amirm

iFi Pro iCAN Headphone Amplifier Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the iFi Pro iCAN headphone amplifier and preamp. It is on kind loan from a member. The iCAN costs US $1,799 from Amazon including Prime shipping so quite expensive. There are more selectors and controls than any headphone amplifier: The labels...
  8. amirm

ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB Filter Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB regenerator, power supply and battery bank. It is on kind loan from a member. It costs US $399. ifi says it was discontinued but then came back to market. The enclosure is just like everything else ifi makes: Which is...
  9. amirm

ifi DC iPurifier Power Filter Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi DC iPurifier DC (power) filter. It is on kind loan from a member. The iPurifier costs US $99. Looks like there is an updated, iPurifier2 now. The ifPurifier is an inline DC filter. Power goes in, power goes out. I received a set of...
  10. amirm

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ifi Zen balanced DAC and headphone amplifier. I purchased it from Amazon last week. The Zen DAC costs US $130 including free shipping. I must say, I am not a fan of the look of the Zen DAC. It hearkens back to 1960s furniture style which would...
  11. amirm

Problem with iFi Portable DACs for desktop use

So I wanted to use the iFi battery operated DACs for my desktop. I first hooked up the ifi iDSD Micro (silver). It played for a few hours and then it died with blinking red light (?) indicating battery is dead. So I then put the ifi Nano into service and it did the same thing. Seems like...
  12. amirm

Review and Measurements of iFi Ear Buddy (and iEMatch)

This is a review and measurements of iFi Ear Buddy which is the cheaper, non-configurable version of iEMatch. I purchased it for USD $20 from Amazon. The purpose of both devices is to reduce the output power of a headphone amplifier. This is needed often when the headphones are too sensitive...
  13. amirm

Review and Measurements of ifi nano iONE DAC

This is a review and detailed measurements of ifi nano iONE DAC. It is on kind loan from a member and it retails for USD $199 including Prime shipping from Amazon in US. The unit is quite "cute" in a small and portable configuration (although somewhat chunky): As you see from the front...
  14. amirm

Inside ifi iOne Nano Portable DAC and Headphone Amplifier

I reviewed the ifi nano iOne a while back. Before sending it back and with owner's permission, here are the guts of the unit. I don't have much time to do a reverse engineering on it. So I will provide the top and bottom images of the PCB and let you all do that if interested :). Here is the...
  15. amirm

Review and Measurements of ifi nano iDSD Black DAC and Amp

This is a review and detailed measurement of the ifi nano iDSD Black edition portable DAC and headphone amplifier. I purchases this a few months ago from Amazon for USD $199 including shipping. A lot of desktop and portable audio products I review are utilitarian and don't evoke much emotion...
  16. amirm

Review and Measurements of Schiit Jotunheim and iFi iDSD Black Label DACs and Headphone Amps

This is a review, detailed measurements and comparison of Schiit Jotunheim Headphone Amplifier (with its optional Multibit DAC) and iFi micro iDSD Black Label DAC and Headphone amplifier. Both are on kind loans from members and arrived on the same day. Seeing how their prices are similar, I...
  17. amirm

Review and Measurements of iFi iPurifier S/PDIF Digital Audio Filter

This is a detailed measurement and review of iFi iPurifier. This is a device that is advertised to clean up your coax S/PDIF signal from all ills including the common flu to audio distortions. It is a tiny little box the size of a thumb drive: Not shown is the fact that it actually needs...
  18. amirm

I must have been using the iFi iPurifier wrong...

I have yet to post the results of my iFi iPurifier S/PDIF filter review. Little did I know, it requires modifications to work well: http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/IFI_SPDIF_IPurifier.html :eek: Anyone know how I can secure these bits to make mine work better???
  19. amirm

Three USB to S/SPDIF Converter Measurements: Audiophilleo, iFi iDAC2, SIGNSTEK

...there would be nothing else after that. But this is not ideal and we have harmonics of that tone going up way high in frequency. Your amplifier and speakers may "hear" those tones but your ears would not. In the audio band of 20 to 20,000 Hz, there are no anomalies. Note that we are...
  20. amirm

RMAF 2016: headphones and the tent

The space issues had hit the smallest companies the worst where they were pushed into the tents in the parking lot. Mostly they were headphone companies. Not being in a market for headphones and not wanting to do the "community headphone" sharing, I just took some pictures and left. It is a...
Top Bottom