Search results

1. DHT 845

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

Tube stage with so high third harmonic makes this preamp nonsense IMO, active SS is not reference either. Passive? Who needs passive for 1200 USD?
  2. DHT 845

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Great review Amirm. So you say I do not need to sell d70s and apply for a bank's loan to buy Dave? :)
  3. DHT 845

Help With New DAC For Benchmark HPA4

Right, great review, and also d70s was mentioned by Amirm ;-)
  4. DHT 845

$63K, 150lbs Gryphon Commander Preamp Reviewed by Stereophile

I also owned original Valhalla years ago, now I own Odin replica ;) These are my favourite IC's but I am not proud of it.
  5. DHT 845

So you believe in "burn in" you subjectivist ;)
  6. DHT 845

Fresh out of the box, the Commander sounded opaque, overly smooth, and "closed in." First impression is often very informative IMO.
  7. DHT 845

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

I remember hdcd decoding on CD's. The idea did not survived. The same would be with MQA, especially that hdcd theoretically gave 20 bit on cd, MQA would gives nothing exept saving some space. For what?
  8. DHT 845

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I repeat. Playback Designs MPD-8 Dream DAC.
  9. DHT 845

Streamer Recommendations for Denafrips Pontus II

Actually this solution will sound the best with Pontus II. This DAC lacks a bit of precision in imaging and the RPi solution will improve that aspect, its highs are so incedibly clear and precise when you connect it my way. Volumio instaling is quite simple (4 steps)...
  10. DHT 845

Streamer Recommendations for Denafrips Pontus II

Raspbery Pi-4B connected USB at rear of a DAC without cable (like mine solution). Volumio app with upsampling set to 354.8kHz/32bit works wonderfully.
  11. DHT 845

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I will not test this amp again even for 1000 usd in cash ... :-)
  12. DHT 845

It was normal a/b comparison on the same music of several class d amps including lg and crown xls and few others, all were class d so there was no bias against class d for sure
  13. DHT 845

It is better that crown (I compared)... crown sounded grey in comparison to LG (high thd probably, and flatter sound), in LG there is no unnecessary D/A conversion like in Lyngdorf Millenium amp. I know LG is used in some studios not only stage use.
  14. DHT 845

I owned class D amp lwith digital EQ built that had 2x 300W (8 Ohm) 2x 600W (4 Ohm), digital inputs AES/EBU https://labgruppen.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DNV It had subjectively more power (slam) than PA5 and bigger sounstage depth (but slightly narrower than PA5). Nevetheless I returned to...
  15. DHT 845

It is like contour of energy, empty inside. No pumping. That is why it sounds a bit "flat". There is very good localisation (focus) and clean highs but it is not enough to pull me into music. My tubes also have these positive traits... But in terms of desktop small amps topping is very good...
  16. DHT 845

I hope LA90 is better. But someone said (?) that the two sound the same. I like my topping gear but in that case have to forget about it's power amps...
  17. DHT 845

I am not sure about gain, but I used Pre90 in both cases. For me PA5 lacks midbass and low midrange fullness and punch. It was like turning my dynamic speakers into electrostatic panels. No energy. No fun. The depth was also weak, more into one plane and upfront.
  18. DHT 845

No idea about the power of PA5 but my 20W class A amp sound 3x more powerful. PA5 is typical class D with EWS (empty watt syndrome). It is desktop toy, nothing else.
  19. DHT 845

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I would add doubling the power to 2 Ohm high current design and stable with 1 Ohm. Of course pure monoblocks. No bridgeable stereo amp.
Top Bottom