Search results

1. P

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I have Adam A5X connnected to the XLR out and it works great as a pre amp. Can cut off signal to them and just use HP also.
  2. P

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

This may be a dumb question, but is there an alternative streamer that still uses the BluOS software not made by Bluesound?
  3. P

Elac Carina BS243.4 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I had the BS speaker at one time with a Yamaha WXA-50 and didn't care for that pairing. I also have the FS version, really enjoy it for our downstairs TV setup. Paired with a Lyngdorf 1120 it was good, but I really had to turn up the volume for dialogue. I bought a NAD C399 and this pairing is...
  4. P

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Ah I understand. I would maybe contact NAD directly. Maybe they can give you a link to the file directly, or it will remind them to add it to the download page.
  5. P

There was a "patch" in the BluOS software which I let install. However my issues were not resolved until I did an upgrade on the C399 itself. There was a notification on the front panel to download an update which I did directly on the C399.
  6. P

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Ah thanks! I think I saw one of the YouTube reviews with these a while ago And had forgotten about them.
  7. P

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

I feel like I asked you this before but it must be a different post, what stands are your A5X on?
  8. P

I've enjoyed the audio from the start. My issue with it not working through HDMI was resolved with the latest patch which is great.
  9. P

I did experience the click noise at first. Since the update I do not hear anything. I think you would need to run ethernet cable to it, I didn't see a file to download on the NAD page at this time.
  10. P

Yeah I thought about adding just a power amp but I decided to just have the C399 for one speaker setup and the 1120 will fit nicely upstairs with speakers I know it works well with in the Dali Menuets.
  11. P

So maybe I’m just dumb but I get no audio from my TV to the c399 over HDMI. It worked last night. Today I did some airplay and then turned the tv on and switched the C399 over to earc. Nothing. I have a LG C1 tv using the same cable that worked with the lyngdorf 1120. As soon as I plug in the...
  12. P

Some very basic things so far as I got a little time to setup the amp and get the module installed. I believe there is more power with the C399 vs my lyngdorf 1120, I definitely don't seem to have to turn the volume up as much to get loud. Both sound great to me with either speaker setup...
  13. P

Received my C399 today. Will get it setup tomorrow and do some A/B listening between my Elac Carina and Dali Menuets. I expect others though have you on the right track.
  14. P

Triangle Borea BR03 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Interesting I can’t find this product listed yet on the Triangle site but looks like powered versions are coming. I think they used BR02 pictures for all the listings...
  15. P

Sorry Amir but you are wrong

This brought a smile to my face just for the cheese factor. My second thought was dang I need power conditioners for my Tesla coils in Command and Conquer Red Alert.
  16. P

I am Just torn how much I should care about turning up the volume. I’m used to the lyngdorf being plenty at -15db volume with my Dali Menuet svs having to get t around -9db with the Carina floorstanders. Maybe I shouldn’t care as it’s still playing enough. I talked to one place and they said not...
  17. P

Interesting your findings on the 1120. One thing I have found is I do feel it's now lacking a bit of power since I went from Dali Menuet SE to Elac Carina FS in my room. There is a C399 pre owned in Canada as well as a couple places have open box units so thats nice to hear it drove those...
  18. P

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

It is/was excellent. I think I am more impressed with the Menuets after I just purchased some Monitor Audio Silver 300 (6G). The floorstanders have more bass which I have had to tame a bit (not running RP yet as we are ripping open walls in the room). The Lyngdorf definitely doesn't have to go...
  19. P

Amplifier for Monitor Audio Silver 300

Late to the party I guess but ordered a B grade pair that was left from the discontinued sets. Will pair with a Lyngdorf 1120 and see how it goes if anyone cares.
  20. P

Desktop Setup?

Awesome thanks, these look like a nice alternative to Iso Acoustic stands I have.
Top Bottom