Search results

1. W

Melody AN300b Tube Integrated

Still available. A nice tube integrated looking for a loving home...
  2. W

Heard a Revel and JBL Synthesis for the first time: F208, F228Be, 4367. A surprise for sure!

Three well-engineered speakers have some differences and your preferences are your own. I wouldn't overthink it. It's not like you think you heard a big difference because of some wires or other voodoo.
  3. W

OLED - Sony or LG,

New models are introduced early in the year and then fall throughout for the most part. (crazy supply issues notwithstanding) IIRC the low points on last year's models were Prime day and Black Friday until you got into closeouts in Jan/Feb and those can be hit or miss. It DOES seem like large...
  4. W

OLED - Sony or LG,

I bought a 55" Sony A8H a year and a half ago so I'm a little behind the latest but it's been great. LG makes all the panels so they're really close in terms of picture quality and it mostly comes down to processing and features which one you should get. Compared to the same-generation LG my...
  5. W

Windows 11 must be stopped

This is a lot of paranoid nonsense. You do own your PC. You just agree to certain features if you buy one with Windows on it, just like any other product, and most of his insinuations just aren't true. Pro tip: Also don't watch Youtube videos with conspiratorial sounding titles. He...
  6. W

Do you have Tinnitis? (Ringing sound in your ears)

Excellent suggestion. I had very mild tinnitus since I was a teenager even though I was always pretty careful with my ears owing to they were pretty sensitive to loud noises for as long as I can remember. It was pretty mild such that I had to be in a basically silent room in order to notice...
  7. W

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Kinda reminds me of this gem from years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20150924073432/http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=35 A box of violent bass air from KaleCoAuto.com to improve your subwoofer performance.
  8. W

Melody AN300b Tube Integrated

FULL Disclosure: I am associated with Angel City Audio as a regional dealer, which previously was the North American distributor for Melody. If this belongs in the Desperate Dealers forum just say the word and I'll move it, but we aren't distributing Melody anymore and this is my personal demo...
  9. W

Flat pack speakers and veneering

I agree. People either want an unfinished flat-pack so they can assemble and finish and feel like they built it, or they want nice custom cabinets that don't look homemade and have no carpentry chops. In between is a super-narrow range.
  10. W

Flat pack speakers and veneering

There are a couple of companies that primarily sell speaker kits for semi-DIY like GR Research and they've developed their own following of people who want those specific speakers for value or preference reasons and would be willing to spend extra for really nice cabinets. Others have offered...
  11. W

End Game Speakers

I've heard a lot of speakers over the years having been to a lot of audio shows and been involved in the industry a little bit, but a handful of models have stuck with me over the years as all-time favorites with cost being no object: JBL Everest TAD Reference 1 GR Research LS9 (no longer...
  12. W

FS: Schiit Freya+ Preamp

The Freya+ is sold.
  13. W

Sorry, already had another offer yesterday and looks probable. This is pending. I'll update if that changes, available or otherwise.
  14. W

Sorry for the delay - it is still available. I did get another inquiry but after you asked above, so I'm holding off on that person to be fair. Please let me know if you're interested soon if you still are.
  15. W

Possibly - I had an inquiry from somebody outside the US and I'm investigating whether or not I'm willing to ship it there. (or if the cost of shipping would make the price prohibitive for the buyer) I'll update shortly if still available.
  16. W

Let's try $775 shipped. This is a great deal! Regular price is $900 plus tax and shipping, so nearly $1k for most people.
  17. W

Price dropped to $800 shipped.
  18. W

Why Audiophiles Are Shopping for Vintage Turntables

Fairly broad sets of testing have shown that when compared side-by-side people tend to prefer the slightly louder version of something - a function of how our brains perceive and prioritize sounds. (and non-linear perception of frequencies over a loudness range) Back when I was dabbling in...
  19. W

I have a nearly-new Schiit Freya+ preamp that I picked up as B-stock at a slight discount a week ago. This is the newer model with 4 6SN7 tubes. I only used it for the purposes of testing another piece of gear and am now moving it along. Works great, sounds great. This is the only one I've...
Top Bottom