Search results

1. C

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

I ended up getting the MiniDSP SHD. It sounds absolutely fantastic, and it's much easier than fooling around with a full PC setup. In my younger days I would have liked that, now I am glad to have the SHD.
  2. C

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I went this direction. I am a 99 out of 100 in terms of PC building/troubleshooting skill. But it’s just too much damn effort. Enjoying the SHD a lot every day.
  3. C

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I have a quick update. I received by MiniDSP SHD about 3 days after purchasing it, which was really impressive. I unboxed it and installed the software on my PC laptop. I decided to go for the 17 measurement "wide" stage for the DIRAC live setup. I am absolutely stunned by how much better my...
  4. C

So just to be totally clear, the 96khz internal sample rate limit on say a MiniDSP does not apply to say a PC running the DIRAC correction suite? (But obviously the DIRAC process itself is a sort of "resample" -- so I assume the difference between 96khz and 192khz is virtually imperceptible...
  5. C

https://www.dirac.com/2016-2-11-dirac-releases-new-version-of-live-room-correction-suite-with-192-khz-sample-rate-support/ I’m a bit confused if DIRAC supports 48khz, 96khz, or 192khz. Can you clarify?
  6. C

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I have a bunch of great hardware in front of me, including a PC, an RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, and a MiniDSP SHD. I want to play with DIRAC room correction. I could either use the MiniDSP as a standalone option, or use DIRAC running on a PC, with the RME ADI-2 Pro as the DAC. In BOTH cases, I will...
  7. C

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Wow, impressive post. I will have to try this weekend, toddlers permitting.
  8. C

Were you able to get it working with your unit?
  9. C

For the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, does anyone know if it's possible to use the USB PC connection as both an input and output? Basically I want to run DIRAC on my PC with digital input and digital output using the RME ADI-2. So sound in from the Bluesound Node, out to the PC, run DIRAC on the...
  10. C

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I just purchased one of these. I have B+W 702 S2 speakers, and I am curious if the DIRAC will make them sound better, worse, or neither. It's a bit of a science experiment, but let's be honest, that's part of what this audiophillia is about....
  11. C

Why is everyone using USB/XMOS. Why not PCIE SPDIF Out?

Um… none of the DACs do multichannel do they? Sure and AVR will, but that’s not what 90% of this site is about. Or am I missing something?
  12. C

SUBWOOFER and BiAmp -- ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition vs ADI-2 DAC FS

That works, but you will have to mono-sum the unbalanced 1/2 somehow assuming your sub expects LFE RCA input. Or you can mono-sum the 3/4 headphone output (line voltage) via the RME internal DSP, and use a single RCA to sub output that way.
  13. C

SUBWOOFER and BiAmp -- ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition vs ADI-2 DAC FS

I have been playing with the ADI-2 Pro for a few days now. It is possible to use the front 3/4 headphone output (set to mono) as a sub output with a TS to RCA adapter. I use the main XLR 1/2 outputs to my amps for the 2.0 speakers. The 3/4 and 1/2 outputs use a separate DAC chip and can be...
  14. C

Looking for suggestions how to improve my office desk audiophile setup

Your upgraded chain is almost exactly what I want. Do you think the SHD or the new (coming) Flex is the best box for the DSP job? Any pros or cons over one or the other? Finally, do you use the EQ in the RME unit or only the Dirac in the SHD?
  15. C

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

USB sounds great to me as well. Pushing it to a SMSL M400. I plan to add an ADI-2 Pro R BE tomorrow as the DAC.
  16. C

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

@amirm I realize I am very new here. But I think you have an obligation to your readership to say more about the problem with the original M500. It had a fairly significant firmware/hardware issue. SMSL did not respond officially to anyone for several weeks, and when they did, their solution...
  17. C

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M - review/comparison?

I just bought one of these. Still in the box. Debating if I want to return this or the SMSL SU-9. I am VERY disappointed with the way that SMSL treated it’s SU-9 and M500 customers when they had a L/R imbalance bug. They took months to even officially admit there was an issue, and then required...
  18. C

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

A couple quick questions: Can anyone confirm if this still using the AK4493 chip? Also, can anyone try test connecting this to the BlueSound Node (latest version) via USB. Thanks!
Top Bottom