Search results

1. Bogda

KEF kc62 room positioning

I want to add subwoofer to my ls50 meta setup. My listening room is my living room so size iz important to me. Logical first choice is kc62 but I cannot position it between two main speakers as usually recommended. I need to tuck it in between two pieces of furniture. Can owners of kc62 share...
  2. Bogda

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Here where I live, NAD M10 and Cambridge Evo are both significantly more expensive than H95. NAD C700 is much closer competitor. Powernode is significantly cheaper but it has no display and no volume knob which some people (including me) consider a must. I am not saying H95 is great deal, just...
  3. Bogda

H95 does not really compete with those amplifiers. Real competitors for H95 are more All in one solutions like Naim Unity Atom, Cambridge Evo, Bluesound Powernode, NAD C700... If you want easy to use, all in one solution, bought from your audio distributor but do not want to install another...
  4. Bogda

For us with strong WITOR (Wife In The Other Room) factor this does not matter much.
  5. Bogda

This mediocre product does not need additional beating by the reviewer but it was delivered to it anyway. Why? "DAC measurements", as worst set of results, was put first in the review, although it is much more Line Out driven into clipping measurements. Is that main function of this device?
  6. Bogda

Their measurement does not show two big spikes that are present on your diagram.
  7. Bogda

Sub would not be clipping because main speakers would start clipping much before that.
  8. Bogda

The problem with ASR results is that many of the results are irrelevant for 90-95% of present and future H95 users. Some will use line outs for connecting to external sub but only a few plan to use it for connecting to external amp. DAC is far from being SOTA but it is not as bad as SINAD...
  9. Bogda

If I am not understanding it wrong, worst part was DAC SINAD performance. But since this is not DAC/PreAmp, variable line output was not designed go into external power amp. Amir, are you going to do addtional tests with lower output volage/lover volume?
  10. Bogda

Equipment age influence on its performance?

With this depressing diagram, you actually made me happy. My weakening high frequency hearing is not the result of attending to rock concerts from front rows but the result of my age. Woo-hoo, it is not my fault.
  11. Bogda

I agree with everything you said and those are all known facts. I just suggest that, for example, measuring a 10-20 years old Hi Fi amplifier (not the vintage equipment) might be more interesting than measuring another small amplifier. I would also be usefull addition to the database of this...
  12. Bogda

In this age of global shortages, buyers often look into used equipment. I was always wondering how amplifier age is influencing its performance. It might be interesting to measure some older (10, 15, 20 years old) amplifiers or DACSs and see how they are performing. AudioScienceReview might be...
  13. Bogda

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

No c388 was not compatible with Dirac but for Dirac one has to pay additional 500e/$ for MDC2 modul so difference in price grows to 1000e/$. Too much if buyer does not want BlueOS.
  14. Bogda

It seems to me that main difference between old C388 and new C399 is new DAC chip (hardly useful with no USB input), HDMI-Arc and compatibility with proprietary MDC2 modules. Not much for almost 500e difference.
  15. Bogda

I like that they added hdmi input but no usb input for dac is major problem for me since it is my main input for streaming music. I am also little disappointed with use of Hypex moduls. I was hoping for Purifi moduls but that was maybe too much to ask for. BTW, can user select speaker A, B or...
Top Bottom