Search results

1. D

Sabaj D4 Review (DAC & Amp)

Oh sure, 30 years ago. But when *I* was young, that was LUXURY! I remember my first DAC: it was a large room full of people with abacuses and toggle swithces. Talk about a noisy DAC, you hardly here the music for all the clicking.
  2. D

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

"Only in audio folks sell muddy water as a better substitute for clean and clear water." It is not really true that this is only in audio. Other examples include...water! https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/4/16846048/raw-water-trend-silicon-valley
  3. D

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Suddenly, fewer babies are named "Dave" and more are named "Topping." "One evening Topping got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and Topping sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is...
  4. D

Shanling UA2 Review (portable headphone amp & dac)

He was a very funny comedian, and he's dead. It's a mediocre DAC and amp, but can't we give the guy a break?
  5. D

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Disappointing And Very Expensive
  6. D

dbx 1231 Graphic EQ Review

There's a real plane, and there's Flight Simulator.
  7. D

dbx 1231 Graphic EQ Review

But sliders!
  8. D

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Nice. But I'll take two minidsp flexes. Or is that minidsps flex?
  9. D

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Odds and ends at woot: a pair of JBL 306P MkII for $300, Sony noise-cancelling headphones WH-1000XM4 for $260, a couple KEF leftovers as usual. https://electronics.woot.com/plus/random-audio-19?ref=w_ngh_dd_el
  10. D

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

"I am unclear why in this day and age of personalized music consumption, one would want to share the device with another person listening to the same content." Maybe you can use the second headphone jack to drive a Bone Fone as a portable subwoofer. You really need separate EQ for that output...
  11. D

These are used, and now $1605. The woot deal above is new with a 2 year KEF warranty.
  12. D

Woot has some discounts on KEF speakers, such as a pair of R3 bookshelfs for $1700, Q750 for $600, Q950 for $750. Also LS50s. Ends soon. https://electronics.woot.com/offers/kef-r3-bookshelf-or-standmound-speakers-pair-black?ref=w_cnt_wp_0_16
  13. D

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

It would have to run for a negative amount of time, when you include the yearly $1 in interest you forgo. Wouldn't it be better to use the low resistance cable for your electric appliances instead? Except for the heaters, there it doesn't matter. Plus, the power cord might make more sense of...
  14. D

Response to PS Audio on P12 PowerPlant Measurements (Video)

On the bright side, Paul McGowan doesn't work in medicine or build infrastructure. Probably no one has died as a result of using his products. I'm open to counterexamples however!
  15. D

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

Isn't the bass extension a bit lacking? I thought one wants to cross over to subwoofers at around 80Hz. Or is that overblown? Revel bookshelfs, among others, manage to do this without getting into terrible distortion.
  16. D

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

No offense, but one of us bought this cable. What does that say about who we are? Or perhaps someone stole it from somene else, replacing it with another cable. That's ok. Harmless. I will sleep better now.
  17. D

Felston DD740 Review (Digital Audio Delay)

It has already been released tomorrow.
  18. D

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

If one thought it was worth $5500 of trouble, I don't understand why one wouldn't just use a battery to power everything. Yeah, you have to swap them out for charging. Just do it every time you flip the LP over. Ah there we go! While it might not affect an amplifier, this conditioned power...
  19. D

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

1000W won't even run your toaster well. But food may indeed taste better when served on warm plates. But maybe DC is better for that application.
Top Bottom