Search results

1. S

Wow! Genelec GRADE looks amazingly useful

https://support.genelec.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Or just email: [email protected] Or WhatsApp support: https://www.genelec.com/contact-information I got a response in a few days.
  2. S

Domestic noise suppression

Finally did the spray foam. That made a difference. Probably it was letting noise in a spot where the wall is effectively single pane. Also covered 2 windows on the condenser side with curtains. I can now hear a light but deep machine noise but I can safely say the fridge is the far bigger...
  3. S

So jealous. I did my report and it looks horrible. Ordered a bunch of acoustic panels from GIK. Yours looks incredible. Would like to audition your set up. On another note this is cool. It’s kind of like animal crossing. Do something at home and a gift shows up in your mailbox. 35 pages of...
  4. S

Why? I just looked and it has the same glm in/out and the AES in/out of the 7360.
  5. S

So I got some 1lb 1/8” MLV and just in a hurry draped it between the condenser and the wall. I have not yet had a chance to insulate the return and apply foam/sealant yet. I sort of folded it over itself and just placed it there. It is slumped and doesn’t even cover the height of the condenser...
  6. S

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

I think it’s that some of us are using our phones and some are using PC. With a PC especially if you have an ultra wide monitor horizontal is fine. For phone users vertical is far better.
  7. S

Thank you for your detailed advice. I have all those items coming and it will be my weekend project. I also ordered a mass loaded vinyl sheet 1/8” 4’x10’. I’m thinking of placing concrete blocks against the MLV which will be against the wall. The pipes going into the wall would be the problem...
  8. S

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Maybe the colors need to be split up into their own files. Maybe a text list of the tiers for people looking up their DAC. Vertical graph is probably better than horizontal.
  9. S

I suppose it could but would be dependent on the seating position. Same issue as we have for digital room correction. Now that’s a great idea for all the room correction companies to address. I suspect this is the way of the future. With full on head tracking and measurements for multiple head...
  10. S

I’m going try these for the fridge also. They did well under the condenser. I’ll let you know how it goes. Can’t hurt. LBG Products Rubber Anti-Vibration Isolator Pads,Heavy Duty Blue EVA Pad for Air Conditioner,Compressors,HVAC,Treadmills etc (6'' X 6'' X 7/8'') https://a.co/d/a0pQC0w...
  11. S

Indeed I have 3 EVA pads under it now and one under the compressor inside. 4 more are coming tomorrow which I will place under the unit. Maybe I’ll try some under the fridge too. That’s just step one. Also 2 acoustic panels are coming tomorrow. I’ll take measurements after and see what more I...
  12. S

That’s actually a great idea. There are some spare concrete blocks out here. I can stack them just on the wall side and that should make the bulk of the difference. Then if there are more blocks I would put them towards the back of the house where it seems the corner of the fence seems to be...
  13. S

Hahahaha. Sorted that problem out to my benefit and I’ll leave it at that. So now i’m just dealing with mechanical noise. Moving around the pads actually gained me 5dB. I think so. The previous unit failed and the owner installed this dirt cheap bottom of the line Goodman unit. I did my...
  14. S

What did it take for your phono system to sound “right” to you?

It’s also insane that my end game system runs off a $110 Chinese DAC. If someone told me this 10 years ago I would have dragged them to a mental hospital. Whereas probably I should have been dragged there myself for lusting after six figure nonsense which of course I could never afford...
  15. S

Absolutely, that 60Hz cranking noise is not fun. If it were white noise it would be tolerable. That’s why while I have lived in apartments where the fan noise was the main noise that didn’t really bother me much. This noise is different. I think I’ll try outdoor solutions and see. Maybe even...
  16. S

The fan is not the issue. It’s pretty quiet as it sits in the attic above the second floor so I don’t have any fan noise or even airflow noise. There is airflow noise on the second floor by the intake but it’s about as quiet as one could expect it to be. The main problem for me is that the...
  17. S

Ok so I did some spectral analysis. Very clearly at 50dB in my listening position at 63Hz and 125Hz. I bet it’s 60Hz noise from the compressor and the 120Hz overtone. First is HVAC off and second is HVAC on. At least now I know which frequencies I need to target.
  18. S

Since most of us live in situations that are suboptimal for music listening every optimization matters. I had my HVAC replaced recently and these new R410 units are noisy. In fact even GLM warns me that the microphone is picking up a lot of noise and asks me before it calibrates. Did some...
  19. S

Speakers against front wall - can this be settled?

So I moved into a new space and after GLM calibration I found that my left speaker has a sharp dip at 125hz and a slightly less sharp one at 250Hz. Both speakers are 6” from the front wall as moving them out causes more problems. I’m not as worried about the 125hz as I think the subwoofer...
Top Bottom