Search results

1. R

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Doubtful. This is a brand/lifestyle purchase. I suspect that even with a glowing review, there is already a very limited audience for something like this and those folks probably already have one or something similar. So while I'm sure they would have enjoyed a positive review, I suspect...
  2. R

Why do I need a separate dac?

I'm not sure I subscribe to the view that "they are mostly all the same." Judging from what I see on the measurements here, I'd say that there are a number of DACs out there that have artifacts that are so far below the threshold of hearing, that they are effectively the same. That's one of...
  3. R

Streamer Recommendation for Amazon 192/24 flac stuff

I have? Why would I bother asking for help if I'd already "decided" on anything? Best,
  4. R

Transcoding can be turned on/off in the server config. I have it disabled. I also run Plex on a dedicated raspberry Pi 4. I do have a NAS that's populated with a bunch of 2TB SSD's (mostly to back up my linux systems along with my audio/video content backups), but I'm not a believer of...
  5. R

What am I wrong about? The manual for the xiaomi was rather spartan. Or was I wrong about the miniDSP? Best,
  6. R

Those Xiaomi boxes kinda suck and I don't think I'm up for the miniDSP box as I'm not after room correction. Also, I don't believe the Xiaomi box has any method of getting digital audio out other than via HDMI. I'll probably use Amazon's Echo Link and use the SPDIF out to one of the better...
  7. R

I'm definitely going to give that a try. Much appreciated! Best,
  8. R

It actually works very well for my family. Every TV has a cheap roku box that provides a consistent interface to our music collection, movie collection, and various streaming services that we care about. It just doesn't scratch MY particular itch to get very high quality audio (nobody else in...
  9. R

Ah...ok, then maybe I'm misunderstanding how things are currently working. It was my impression that the plex client is not decoding the FLAC files....just passing them along unmolested to the Denon over HDMI and then the Denon is doing the actual decoding. If the signal is being manipulated...
  10. R

The Plex server is running on a Raspberry Pi 4 (the new one with 8GB RAM) and is running Debian Linux. The plex client on the Roku is configured just to feed the bitstream to the Denon receiver which decodes the FLAC (or occasional MP3) files. To answer the other person's question, the Denon...
  11. R

First post, but I'm a long-time lurker. :) I'm about to jump in to streaming decent audio content. About 15 years ago, I had a few interns rip all of my (4000) CDs to FLAC and then stuck all my discs in a box in the attic). I am currently streaming that from a local plex server to the...
Top Bottom