Search results

1. F

Stereophile's snide editorial on ASR and Amir

It’s my strong belief that the only way to change things is to hit companies where it hurts, their bottom line. I kept my subscription to Stereophile for 15 years to try and support the industry and because I like John Atkinson’s measurements. Now that the magazine seems to be attacking...
  2. F

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

As much as I love my M33, NAD has been abysmal at follow up on fixing this inter sample over issue. For a while, they were promising a fix, but it’s gone quiet for a long time. This leads me to believe they’re working on a V2 to fix the low voltage and inter sample over issue, just like they...
  3. F

Ideal is to use subwoofer output so that Dirac has more control over the output (it will treat the subwoofer as a separate measurement vs. when using the pre-out, it combines the subwoofer with the existing main speakers). Please note however that using the subwoofer output has two issues: 1...
  4. F

The light version is more than sufficient for controlling bass modes in the room. I have the full version to tame some inherent flaws in my speakers. If your speakers measure flat, there’s no need for the full version. However, it’s only $99 so why not get the full version and try it out; you...
  5. F

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

I will admit I was one of those gullible people, but after finding ASR, I've become enlightened and no longer buy into that BS. I've saved so much money thanks to Amir that I will regularly donate to this site. This site is making a tangible difference, one gullible person at a time. More...
  6. F

What was the equipment upgrade you are most happy with?

Got an M33. It does everything I could want in one box. It’s dead silent with no music playing, and when it’s playing from the multitude of sources available, the sound coming from it is so easy to listen to. There’s no hardening as the volume goes up, and there’s copious amounts of room to turn...
  7. F

Regular Dirac takes care of that. The current Dirac eliminates all my room modes and provides a much more articulate and multi note bass. I’d highly recommend doing some reading on how to setup Dirac as it’s a bit finicky. Would also recommend starting with the NAD curve or the newly suggested...
  8. F

The only other alternative is the Cambridge Audio EVO 150 but it lacks Dirac. I bought one for my other house as I couldn’t justify two M33s.
  9. F

The only issue that remains is the intersample over issue where there isn't sufficient headroom under certain circumstances (poorly recorded music that results in samples being above 0db and with the subwoofer output turned on); this can be mitigated by turning on the tone controls which drops...
  10. F

Of course you can’t. There are so many factors at play. The algorithm used for the volume control (linear, exponential, any funky curve the designer wants to use), the gain of the input, and the interpretation of the actual number displayed on the screen to name just name just a few. There could...
  11. F

Curious question, how is the volume control calibrated on the various amplifiers? Can a direct comparison be made via the volume controls?
  12. F

I would highly recommend holding NAD accountable to provide you support for this not inexpensive Masters series amplifier. Suggest being polite but firm in progressing up their corporate ladder until they resolve your issue. If my M33 has this kind of issue, I expect NAD to stand behind it and...
  13. F

Response to PS Audio on P12 PowerPlant Measurements (Video)

Take PS Audio to court, and if you win, share the process with others so that PS Audio can learn through a mechanism (justice system) less easily manipulated through social media and FUD. At the very least, file complaints with various regulators, BBB, Consumer Protection entities, and the local...
  14. F

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Amplifier Tests (Video)

I wonder if the time has come for someone lawyered up to sue one of these companies peddling lies and fraudulent products. Maybe we can start a gofundme and make an example of one of these companies. It’s sad that the US government doesn’t do anything to protect consumers from this. In the...
  15. F

I'm using an M33 in a part of the world where the power fluctuates significantly and can be very noisy, however the M33 is dead silent and has no issues. I believe your dealer when he says he can hear a difference, but I don't believe that anyone else can hear that difference. I would highly...
  16. F

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

This is from NAD’s spec. The only reason I looked up the spec is because it wasn’t sufficient to wake the sub at reasonable volume levels. I assume the KEF needs 2V to work correctly, but that’s purely my speculation.
  17. F

The M33 sub out is maximum 1.1V. The pre-out is maximum 3.9V for comparison. KEF does not provide any information on what input voltage it requires to reach full output.
  18. F

I think I’m starting to understand the thread here, but I’m still unclear on what exactly you did to overcome the issues. If possible, please elaborate the steps you took. I know many M33 and M10 owners would appreciate knowing how to make low sensitivity subs work with the low voltage sub...
  19. F

I’m not sure what you’re trying to show me. I had no problem getting a wonderful Dirac measurement with this subwoofer. It produced an ideal sound for my apartment and fit perfectly into my decor. My issues were: 1. Keeping the sub from going to sleep at low volumes, 2. A wicked turn on pop...
  20. F

The software cannot fix the low output voltage of the sub out (1.1V) on the M33 which is a poor match to the RC62 which requires ~2V to function normally. You can play loud bass heavy music to wake the RC62, but after 20 mins of lower volume listening, it’ll turn itself off again. Using Dirac...
Top Bottom