Search results

1. DownUnderGazza

Sub in an apartment - what if I put it right next to me and turn it to lowest setting?

Maybe look into a ButtKicker? Apologies if it’s already been suggested.
  2. DownUnderGazza

DIY Surround Pre-Pro: Apple Logic Pro + Dolby Atmos

The thing about Apple software is that it isn’t subscription based. Even though I haven’t sat down to figure out how to use it yet, I’ve owned Logic Pro for several years. All this Dolby Atmos processing, plug-ins, up/down mixing just arrived. No extra cost, just a download ready when I was. It...
  3. DownUnderGazza

From vague recollection, some of the gear used by Movie houses has been tested here on ASR, and found to not be that great. While designed as a turn key solution, it’s certainly not cheap. My suggestions above provide access to the same tools as used by those mixing Dolby Atmos soundtracks, and...
  4. DownUnderGazza

TL, DR; What if we could configure Apple’s Logic Pro to be your Surround Preamp-Processor (including up/down mixing); Control input selection and output levels via Focusrite’s Rednet R1 controller; and Send the input/output channels wherever you need via Dante? PREAMBLE We all are very aware...
  5. DownUnderGazza

ASR-style Setup at Audio Show

I love the idea of a ‘modest’ cost objectivist system that sounds amazing. That alone would be threatening to subjectivist exhibitors. A true double blind ABX type display to the side would be inline with ASR principles and would not be a direct attack on others. Say an ipad plus transparent DAC...
  6. DownUnderGazza

As I understand it, development continues but is well advanced. Don’t recall cost estimates. Check the ‘build’ threads.
  7. DownUnderGazza

Raspberry Pi4 Volumio (or similar) USB MiniDSP Flex + Dirac Topping PA5 (or similar) Directiva (r1 or r2, with optional bass module)
  8. DownUnderGazza

Best Way to Connect PC Motherboard to RCF Evox ?

I own a pair of RCF Evox J8’s. I’d never connect a single ended (RCA) source to a balanced powered pro speaker. The likelihood of noise, interference or accidentally driving them at full volume is too great. I use either my Focusrite Scarlet 2/4 or Allen & Heath ZEDi-8, as intermediary monitor...
  9. DownUnderGazza

Thoughts on Acoustic Treatment please

Haha, not from me anyway! Signed up for this place barely a week ago, so all new to me. Good idea on the decorative panels tho. Cheers
  10. DownUnderGazza

Really appreciating everyone's help and suggestions. Many thanks
  11. DownUnderGazza

I'm moving into a new rental home and would appreciate some thoughts on how best to acoustically treat this room. Attached are photos of the previous tenants setup, but I suspect I'll end up doing much the same. I'll be using MiniDSP Dirac 2x2 pre-amp to process things. My initial thoughts...
  12. DownUnderGazza

Fullrange speaker project based on Morel TSCM 634

Can I suggest a wee experiment? Find some polystyrene or styrofoam or similar rigid but light material, often found in packaging. And add 'wings' to your speaker. Try either side and on top if you have enough material. Two options come to mind. One is to create a 'wide' baffle to help lower...
  13. DownUnderGazza

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

I’d prefer this one, for active amping: IcePower Amp
  14. DownUnderGazza

New MMT from Dennis Murphy with SOTA drivers!

After all your hard work on it, how did you find the end result (of the AMT)?
  15. DownUnderGazza

Ummm.. Yeah. MiniDSP. Live Sound

Sorry, haven’t read everything, so apologies if already suggested. i use this Radial DI: https://www.radialeng.com/product/trim-two So I move my laptop and mic around and send an XLR cable back to my mixer and/or powered speaker for measurements.
  16. DownUnderGazza

Feel the distortion

Wow, thanks, somehow I missed this...
  17. DownUnderGazza

Feel the distortion

Several have done tests with distortion and audibility. Try here for starters: BLIND TEST RESULTS Part I: "Is high Harmonic Distortion in music audible?" Procedures & Settings
  18. DownUnderGazza

Bose 901 Series V Speaker Review!

This one? https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-tcp115-4-4-treated-paper-cone-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--295-415 Yes, I could see that working. Personally I'd do a sealed cabinet to avoid port complexities and nasty upper range resonances. I'd also probably do a straight 'sub' plinth for it to...
  19. DownUnderGazza

Bose 901 Series V Speaker Review!

Thought, if one was to tackle a home brew version of the 901, what drivers might be worth looking at? Oh, I’d assume crossing them to one or more subs and applying liberal amounts of Dirac-type correction. Apologies if someone has already taken up this thought elsewhere
  20. DownUnderGazza

Why are there no DACs with hdmi input ?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-essence-hdacc-ii-4k-hdmi-dac.7171/
Top Bottom