Search results

1. Jose Hidalgo

Okto Dac8 Pro alternative?

Just like I predicted last summer. :cool:
  2. Jose Hidalgo

How to use 2 DACs on 1 Windows 10 PC, with separate PEQ profiles?

Which is why I explained you why this topic was created in the first place. :) For only one user you need either a world clock or a multichannel DAC. AFAIK there's no way around that. Except if you wanted to listen to only one song at a time in a surround setup. In that case it would work. For...
  3. Jose Hidalgo

How to use 2 DACs on 1 Windows 10 PC, with separate PEQ profiles?

I believe that question has already been discussed. Yes, in theory the devices are not in sync with one another, but AFAIK that's not a problem. Here's why. This topic was originally created following a private chat between sweetchaos and me. That conversation was about me wanting to have dual...
  4. Jose Hidalgo

Resolution, speed, do these things really exist?

Define "measures well all around". What are the criteria exactly? Let's assume you manage to define all the main criteria: for example distortion, group delay, etc. Now you need to define their relative importance to each other (is distortion more important than group delay? etc.) So you need...
  5. Jose Hidalgo

Next level headphone above Sennheiser HD 650 and Beyerdynamics DT 1990

The Harman curve is very well known, but it's definitely not a 'norm', as in 'absolute reference'. Manufacturers are free to provide other frequency responses (even for high-end headphones) and still have their fans. Suffice to talk about warm headphones (some come to mind: Denon 5200/7200/9200...
  6. Jose Hidalgo

Allow me to elaborate just a bit so everybody can understand. Modern software EQ solutions offer a variety of solutions (parametric, convolution, etc.) and most importantly a degree of precision (with floating point calculations, 64 bits, etc.) that is way beyond any human ear's ability. In...
  7. Jose Hidalgo

This is definitely the stupidest thing that I've read today. :facepalm: Saying things like that without any arguments should not be encouraged on ASR, and I hope nobody will take that seriously. Anyway, thanks for making me laugh.
  8. Jose Hidalgo

Topping DAC`s

E50 = 123 dB SINAD / $269, plus it's also balanced (which you don't need) DX3Pro+ : 116 dB SINAD / $199, plus for the same price you also get a headphone amp, bluetooth, and volume. Best price/performance ratio. E30 = 114.6 dB SINAD / $187 D10S = 114.3 dB SINAD / $109 Sources ...
  9. Jose Hidalgo

I am looking for an over ear with the following characteristics.

Just chiming in here. If the OP is looking for accurate imaging and deep bass, maybe he needs to get a pair of Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon, because: Imaging is out of this world (I'm not the only one saying it: listen here from 0:39 on). Soundstage is excellent. They have deep bass, linear down...
  10. Jose Hidalgo

Topping DAC`s

Indeed :) And that 'majority of people with powered speakers' probably represents a 'minority of all people with speakers'. :p But sure, powered speakers are a particular case (which I'm not sure is on topic anymore). I'm thinking of buying a pair of D&D 8C myself (going there for a demo in...
  11. Jose Hidalgo

Topping DAC`s

Yes, that's basically what I said: a small number of headphones may require balanced for power purposes. Either because they're really power hungry, and/or because the amp isn't powerful enough. In that case, instead of a preamp I would rather buy a bigger amp. Yes, it can. Doesn't mean that it...
  12. Jose Hidalgo

Topping DAC`s

Nope, it's $269 for a Topping DAC with balanced and unbalanced output (and 123dB SINAD if anybody cares :p). Behold the E50: https://www.amazon.com/Topping-ES9068AS-PCM768kHz-Outputs-Decoder/dp/B09F31FNVP Product info: https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/697642.html That is of course IF you...
  13. Jose Hidalgo

Topping DAC`s

That's why I said "and has all the desired features". If you want balanced, you'll have to spend more money. But why would you?... o_O I certainly wouldn't go balanced. After studying the subject a while ago and discussing it on the forums (even here), my conclusion is that balanced is a myth...
  14. Jose Hidalgo

Topping DAC`s

The real question is: why would you spend $399 on a 120 SINAD Topping, when you can buy a $150 Topping with 112 SINAD and still be unable to hear a difference since 112 SINAD is beyond human hearing ability anyway? :p In DAC-land, it's not "the bigger the SINAD the better the DAC". It's rather...
  15. Jose Hidalgo

[Parametric EQ] AutoEQ database with IEF neutral target presets

All right, so according to the mentioned crinacle's graph, IEF neutral target is really, really close to Optimum HiFi target (which is basically Harman without the bass boost, to better emphasize the midrange). I'm pretty sure most people would have a hard time hearing the slightest difference...
  16. Jose Hidalgo

Rank your headphones

Hey @Veri , could you specify if all your opinions are with or without EQ ? You've only mentioned EQ for the 650 and the Sine A, so it's a bit like apples and oranges... I too tend to prefer the 600 over the 650, but that would be only with EQ. Without EQ the HD 650 goes clearly lower, and we...
  17. Jose Hidalgo

Rank your headphones

Rating headphones without EQing them is pretty meaningless to me, even more in 2022 where most people have easily access to EQ. To emphasize the importance of EQ, here's a ranking of my main current cans with and without EQ (range 0-10, 10 meaning absolute perfection) : With EQ : Sennheiser HD...
  18. Jose Hidalgo

[New EQ Software] Mega Switcher for Equalizer APO, with 15.000 EQ presets

I finally found the time to push version 1.3 out. :) To be honest I could have done it months ago, but I was lazy since version 1.23 works well for most people. :p On the bright side, I've been using it myself for months, so I can confirm that it works great and I don't see much improvements...
  19. Jose Hidalgo

Best bass headphones

Well yes, I thought this topic was about "best bass headphones". Not about "all headphones that can go down to 20 Hz", because lots of them can, especially when EQed. I mean, if we can add the Sundara, then we can add most mid-fi headphones. The Meze 99 Classics for instance. They go down to 20...
Top Bottom