Search results

1. cheapmessiah

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

My guess is at whatever SPL we consider loud, as in very loud but not harmful, and then we add an equal amount of db as the preamp negative gain requiered to avoid digital clipping.
  2. cheapmessiah

Yhe question is, is it enough to boost the bass to harman?
  3. cheapmessiah

This looks like extreme performance for the price, doesnt it go into the market of the L50 and A30pro?
  4. cheapmessiah

Nan-6 Planar Headphone Review

I like the cups, would be nice to see some independent FR graphs, but, looking at that 14 ohm and 100db/v (89db/w) doesnt look like annything I know at the moment. The price is similar to HE-6se, so kind of expensive to buy from western world without any kind of review.
  5. cheapmessiah

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

How can it have less power than the a10d? What's the value proposition of this unit over the a10d?
  6. cheapmessiah

RME ADI-2/4 PRO SE DAC announced

Do you realize A90 is just an amp, and the ADI is an all in one (don't remember if it's also an ADC) with DSP capabilities and some other functionalities?
  7. cheapmessiah

Hifiman Edition XS

Personally I think that flashy/luxurious packaging in general is unnecessary, wasteful, and also decieving to the customer, since in the end, it is us the ones paying for it in the product price, and thats money that ultimately goes to the landfill since no performance nor any other useful...
  8. cheapmessiah

Hifiman Edition XS

Got the replacement unit this monday, ratling now happens on left cup, and at a wider range od frequencies, also I recieved my unit in packaging thats different from these 2 boxes: a much simpler cardboard box but with a foam headphone stand inside: I wonder if the packaging revision comes...
  9. cheapmessiah

Hifiman Edition XS

Was listening to think by kaleida and at like 1:35 bass notes happen without any other sound and I could hear the driver flutter against something, and I tried the tone generator after that to confirm it. It's low standards of manufacturing, they can make good drivers reliably, but they seem...
  10. cheapmessiah

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Wouldn't it be funny if someone de-capped those discrete modules and there was a TI opamp in it
  11. cheapmessiah

Hifiman Edition XS

Seems like my units right diaphragm touches the fazor or the magnet array in 2 different points of the driver with frequencies between 50hz and 75hz, left side doesn't do it at all... guess it's RMA time Worst part is my he400i does the same on the right driver too :( and I did change cable...
  12. cheapmessiah

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

While all the new features look great, I'm disappointed that the 50ohm power suffered such hit as I was looking forward to getting this amp for the HE6se eqed to Harman.
  13. cheapmessiah

Topping A90 Discrete, what is this new version not available in the topping website ?

I thought the A90D was coming at the same price as the original A90 and it would supersede it.
  14. cheapmessiah

Hifiman Edition XS

I feel tempted to return my recently arrived XS, but i dont know if saving 40€ is worth it when I get an extra warranty year (so 3 years) and I wont have to send it to the UK if anything happens.
  15. cheapmessiah

Amplification and The HE6se v2

Would it be too much to ask if you could do that eqed to Harman?
  16. cheapmessiah

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

What would happen then if the amp also has no earth connection and you plugged both through balanced interconnection?
  17. cheapmessiah

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

How does it (or similar devices) go to ground then, common point on the PCB that redirects to the cold lead?
  18. cheapmessiah

Amplification and The HE6se v2

I'm very interested too on your findings, i'm looking to add the nan-6 (for the absolute insanity that the whole buy and test process offers) and power it with the THX 887.
Top Bottom