Search results

1. ubiq

I'm at crossroads.. All in one or separate ?

Hi Yes I've noticed ASR is more near field speakers oriented, but it is no surprise considering the difficulty it is for Amir to receive and test some big-heavy-expensive speakers... I will indeed listen to the DP107 in situ as soon as possible. I'm eager to. At my first listening session, in a...
  2. ubiq

Hi guys Thx for your replies. I've rethought the project a little bit. The fact is, I don't want this living room to be a HT room ; as I said, i'm lucky enough to be able to go to theaters. Nothing compares to the real stuff imo. It will be first and foremost a "music" room with some AV...
  3. ubiq

Indeed :D:p Don't worry, the screen isn't rigid. At worse you can crawl on the floor to the fridge! More seriously, i didn't like the idea of a floating screen casing above your head when entering the room. Update of the CG images with DP 107 modeled + night view
  4. ubiq

Denon X4700H Pre-Amp Mode not working

Hi, I'm not sure I understand clearly... Do you think I can use the Denon as a pure preamp if I only output the main speakers (front and right) and connect it to an ext. amp? I just need a 2.0 (or 2.2) setup...
  5. ubiq

Thanx a lot. The M1s look quite nice even on paper, but a bit more expensive (6.900€!) than the Diptyques and you have to buy a nice stand for it that probably doesn't come cheap... Unfortunately, there's absolutely no place near me for having a demo. Too bad for now. 8C Studios look good too...
  6. ubiq

:eek::D You just made my day.
  7. ubiq

I see what you mean. The fact is, I was surprised to like the sound of these panels, because i had absolutely no expectations. I shouldn't have say "box", but maybe "directive"? The Audio Shrine is perfect until you want to add some videos features.... Then you begin to make compromises...
  8. ubiq

:D:D:D:D Ahem...Not at all... Boxem is a luxemburgish brand and Topping is a chinese one :p. Regarding the expensive speakers, it's totally true that i have no measurement. Nichts. Nada. But I heard them; yes, hours of ASR reading have taught me not to trust my brain, but I pick them after a...
  9. ubiq

You're right, but there's also something important, as you have those speakers all day long right under your nose : the design. The objective fades into the subjective world.... I ruled out the PMC twenty5.24i (too expensive) and the Q acoustics 500 (both in white). I've listened to several...
  10. ubiq

To be honest, I don't need multi channels, as it's mostly for music. Maybe I will add surround speakers in the future, but I have to stay in budget and wanted to focus on the quality of the two main speakers.
  11. ubiq

@charleski Thx. Yes I guess the matching will be the most difficult part
  12. ubiq

Hi, Funny you think of the m33, it was the first amp on my mind. But I ruled it out because of the budget!!!! it's 5.500€. Dead. And I would have to add a usb DAC and a HDMI switch (I just read their optional modules aren't even compatible when you want both... what a mess:facepalm:)
  13. ubiq

Hi, Yes! The Diptyques' manufacturer said the same : "fast" subs. But what is a "fast" sub ? :D I've read that the amp's power should be around 1,5x the handling power of the speaker. Do everyone agree with that? But yeah, I could start with the MRX740 for example. So, both have the same...
  14. ubiq

Hi to all, Like many of you, probably, I've been wandering through ASR for quite a time without posting, being no engineer nor pure audiophile. Hours and hours of reading :p, and now i need your advice ! But first of all, I would like to thank all the people around, Amir being the first...
Top Bottom