Search results

1. edahl

Moondrop Chu

Due to the broken filters Moondrop said they would send some new filters my way. Instead they sent me an entirely new pair. Nice!
  2. edahl

Moondrop Variations

Variations is Blessing 3, diffuse would be something else entirely imo.
  3. edahl

Moondrop Variations

They're the most comfortable and well built IEM's I've tried, so I don't think that generalises well.
  4. edahl

Moondrop Chu

They're sending some filters for free. Honestly don't get the animosity here.
  5. edahl

Moondrop Chu

That makes sense, I tried it with just the one filter removed on a tone generator and it seemed louder and a if it was resonating longer
  6. edahl

Moondrop Chu

So I contacted the Moondrop store and told them about the broken left channel. They asked me to remove the filter. I waited for several days to try it because it sounded kinda ridiculous, but what do you know: the left channel sprung back to life.
  7. edahl

Moondrop Chu

Moondrop doesn't have a general problem with QC as far a I know. The Moondrop Variations is a well built as they come.
  8. edahl

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

That's what's a blind test does though.
  9. edahl

Moondrop Chu

I got mine last week and they lasted a grand total of a few days before the left channel crapped out on me.
  10. edahl

[advice] is a Schiit Vali “Tube” amp overkill for a HD800s and for pc FPS gaming only?

HD800S is SUPREME for gaming, not overkill at all, just supreme.
  11. edahl

Nan-6 Planar Headphone Review

Weight(? can't find it), tuning, excellent treble tracking, price?
  12. edahl

Moondrop Variations

With EQ you can get away with 20 bucks
  13. edahl

Moondrop Variations

The S8 you can get custom made, but otherwise the Variations should in theory be tuned "Harman better" than both of those. I'm considering just getting custom tips for the Variations instead. The B2 Dusk is probably very similar post EQ, though Variations is perhaps more extended in the treble?
  14. edahl

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

They have a tendency of not caring about measurements until somebody points out their favourite measures poorly. You'd think if they truly believed their ears were the best judge they wouldn't get so defensive, but that's neither here nor there.
  15. edahl

Moondrop Variations

Yeah if the Blessing 2 is anything to go by, this will distort at unhealthy levels so they're nothing super remarkable in that respect. The tuning however :)
  16. edahl

Moondrop Variations

In the headphone space the closest thing we have to something like this is the DCA Stealth at $4K.
  17. edahl

Moondrop Variations

They're well built with the most impressive tuning I've seen bar none. Whether or not it's worth it for you I can't say, but it seems uniquely well-tuned out of the box.
  18. edahl

Moondrop Variations

That just sounds muddy to me, there's a good reason the recession is there -- ear gain! I might tame the treble a smidge though, since Harman 2019 is pretty bright.
  19. edahl

Can confirm, this is a subjectivist darling of the kind they get quite defensive about
  20. edahl

Sure, at much less power than this thing though
Top Bottom