Search results

1. A

Dynaudio Focus 60 XD - whats the next step up? suggestions?

I have had Dynaudio BM series active monitors and subwoofers for quite some time. Then I switched to Neumann KH 80 + KH 750 and never looked back. You should go with either Neumann or Genenlec for active monitors + subs. They are on a different league.
  2. A

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

My set up for MA 1 calibration is: PC laptop digital output ---> Focusrite Solo Gen 3 audio interface ---> mic + analog output ---> KH 750 analog input First big problem is that the following error keeps popping up, even though I can play music through the audio interface. I don't know...
  3. A

Looking for some computer speaker recommendations; can someone help break it down for a noob?

iLoud Micro, $350 a pair. Sounds better than Audioengine A2+ to my ear.
  4. A

Update: Problem resolved. I have to say Neumann MA 1 software is extremely finicky and user UNfriendly! I am super frustrated -- took me two days and hours of messing around to get it to work. A good thing about the latest version 1.4.1 is that the KH 80 LED light can be permanently turned...
  5. A

need help here: I just ran the latest version "MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment Setup 1.4.1.2439" and calibration ran fine. But after that, with this latest "Setup" and "Alignment" as shown in the screenshot below, my digital-to-digital route, PC digital out --> KH750 BNC digital in...
  6. A

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

hey Amir, still waiting for your review. thinking of upgrading my Bose QC35 and this Mark Levinson may be the answer.
  7. A

WTB: USB to AES Interface

I tried this and it works fine: https://www.amazon.com/Douk-Audio-Converter-Interface-PCM192Khz/dp/B085XPRSGM?ref_=ast_sto_dp
  8. A

Neumann KH 80 + Sub for PC?

Genelec and Neumann have very similar measurements so you won't go wrong with either. Last year when I was shopping for monitors, I narrowed down to these two as well. I just can get used to Genelec's toyish look, since they are right in front of me on my computer desk and I am eyeing...
  9. A

I've used MA 1 software version 1.1, 1.2, and the latest 1.3 which is much better: reliable discovery of the speakers, and added a few new controls such as volume and KH 80's LED lights. The UI and flow is still a bit awkward, but it works as advertised. For a desktop setup, where the...
  10. A

here is my setup: PC --> USB-to-AES converter --> digital input of KH 750 --> XLR to KH 80's I think Neumann's MA 1 calibration kit is a must since manually integrating sub and speakers is next to impossible for mortals. The software is far from stellar unfortunately, but it gets the job...
  11. A

You don't have to use external DAC anymore. If you want to use an external DAC, DX7 in this case, you certainly can -- XLR to KH 750, which then outputs to both KH 80's via XLR as well. I ordered from Thomann and had excellent experience. Any reputable online vendor should work, just do...
  12. A

KH750 has built-in DAC that takes digital input from PC. I use the BNC input so it requires a USB to AES converter. The following works fine for me: Douk Audio USB Converter XMOS XU208 Digital Interface TOSLINK Coaxial DOP SPDIF Adapter DSD64 PCM192Khz...
  13. A

End Game Speakers

I beg to differ. His dad has been with “old school” speakers all his life, only thing that will intrigue him would be a new school masterpiece. This is like what would be a good car for his son to buy for him: Cadillac or Tesla. I’d recommend Tesla.
  14. A

End Game Speakers

I echo the suggestion of Kii Three BXT:
  15. A

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

PC --> USB to BNC converter --> digital BNC input of Neumann KH 750 DSP --> KH 80's calibrated using Neumann MA 1 end-game setup?
  16. A

Neumann/Genelec: 2.1 vs top-of-the-line monitors, what's your choice?

yeah that's why I emphasized on "study room/computer desk intimate env".
Top Bottom