Search results

1. NYfan2

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I'd like to see USB-C to jack 3.5 converters tested, because it's getting harder and harder to get a phone with 3.5mm audio headphone connector. Maybe when more people are interested we can raise some funds so Armir can buy and test the most sold models (Apple, Samsung, Oneplus, etc.).
  2. NYfan2

dbx 223xs Crossover Review

We use quite some DBX products (also crossovers) because DBX has the name that it produces products that have a good price/quality value. Good to see that measurements confirm this. Thanks for testing Amir!
  3. NYfan2

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

I always wonder if these guys truly believe what they are saying. But probably they have only one thing in their mind when they talk this BS: money, money, money, we are going to make loads of money.
  4. NYfan2

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Damned, I just heared that every wire has a direction because of how it is produced! :eek: Now I have to make sure that the electrician who does the electrical installation in my new house, installs the wires in the right direction . :facepalm: :facepalm:
  5. NYfan2

Loudspeaker cable test and comparison

Hi Jaap, thanks for tuning in on the discussion. Hope the guys are not too harsh on you this time while discussing the test and results. I like the effort that you make to keep alpha-audio as neutral as possible and that you invest all this time and money to provide good information.
  6. NYfan2

Loudspeaker cable test and comparison

Dutch online audio site Alpha-audio did an extensive test of loudspeaker cables in the price range around € 900,- (1 cable was more expensive). First they tested all cables and after that a blind listening test was done by 2 other people who didn't see the test results. The one who did the...
  7. NYfan2

New from the Netherlads KADaudio K7 loudspeakers

I completely agree, that it is a risk to buy such a complicated product from a small manufacturer.
  8. NYfan2

New from the Netherlads KADaudio K7 loudspeakers

I agree that no measurements are offered, I only had a few sparse contacts lately with the owner but we didn't discuss the measurements or the status. Yes, the owner choose to focus on one product. 1,5 years back he was working on a smaller version but decided tot focus on the top model the K7...
  9. NYfan2

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

The question is why are all these reviewers raving about Naim? I read a lot of reviews of the Uniti ATom vs NAD M10 because about 2 years ago they were on my wishlist, luckily I found the review of the M10 on ASR and started to follow ASR and my eyes were opened. But again why do people prefer...
  10. NYfan2

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

It was a moderate size listening room. Here is a photo, the room is a little bit more then 1/3 longer then you can see on the photo. It was the first time that I was in this room so I cannot judge how other loudspeakers will sound in this room.
  11. NYfan2

I heard the Reference 5 Meta, LS60 and Blade 1 Meta in the same room and in this order. For met the biggest difference is that in the sound of the LS60 there was too much mid-high. Bass and mid sounded all right to me. The Reference 5 Meta sounded very good but a bit dark (don't know how to...
  12. NYfan2

What I heard from KEF the production of the LS60 for this year has sold out in the 2 days after the LS60 was announced, I don't know who these people are but there is plenty of interest for this speakers (ofcourse a lot are ordered by dealers).
  13. NYfan2

I have been told (by KEF) that max SPL is 114dB, I've seen some others mention that it is 111dB. Ofcourse this is not for the lowest bass (26Hz). All I know is that these loudspeakers go crazy loud for such a small speaker. (not speculation, I heard them) You cannot cross the LS50 at 390 Hz...
  14. NYfan2

Go for the blades, no doubt about that. I'm one of the lucky people who already heard the LS60 and the new blade 1 Meta and it's no comparison. The LS60 are really good but not in the same league as the Blade series. Ofcourse it will cost you at least double the money (used Blade 1 or 2 with a...
  15. NYfan2

Yesterday, after the LS60 KEF demoed the new Blade 1 Meta so I have a good comparison and to be honest the Blade 1 is absolutely ToTL, pricewise it's a crazy comparison € 35000,- for the Blade 1 without Dac and amplification or € 6500,- for the LS60 but pure for the sound the Blade 1 wins this...
  16. NYfan2

The amount of bass is amazing, KEFF claim it goes down to 26Hz and a maximum spl of 114db for the LS60. One of the other guests requested to play Angel from Massive Attack (about the only song I know of all the tracks played this afternoon) it is a song with very deep bass and it sounded very...
  17. NYfan2

It's difficult to answer that, in the listening room the soundstage didn't sound wider but the Reference 5 were positioned outside the LS60 positions so wider apart.
  18. NYfan2

I don't know it this information has been posted already because I didn't read the whole thread. Today I attended a demonstration of the new KEF Reference Meta and the KEF Blade Meta and there was also a "suprise"ofcourse it was the LS60 wireless. The KEF representative spent quiet some time...
  19. NYfan2

Extreme Snake Oil

We have a new winner, the Furutech V1 NCF (Ltd. Ed.) powercord: https://alpha-audio.net/2022/04/furutech-v1-ncf-ltd-ed-power-cable/ An extremely limited edition for the special price of € 7485,- (~ $ 8093) But this will bring you: “The Project V1’s design has resulted in a reproduction with...
  20. NYfan2

JBL 4367 review by Erin

Reading the review on stereophile: Yet, after about 200 hours of play, the 4367s had improved dramatically, and after 300 they began to sound great. I later learned that the pair I received had only a few hours on them. Mystery solved. :facepalm: So I skipped that part and looked at the...
Top Bottom