Search results

1. preload

Audioholics goes off the reservation

I remember feeling vibrations on the table top, no matter which dampener was being used, if that helps. Exactly. And I brought it up in case people weren't aware of what the phrase is actually referring to. Some people could care less that a group of people were relieved of their land, forced...
  2. preload

Has civility on ASR declined recently?

Who needs physicians nowadays. Anything you want to know about medicine is available via Google, and you can easily get medical advice on internet forums.
  3. preload

Amplifier Bakeoff: Purifi Eval1, McIntosh MA252 & Benchmark AHB2

To save me the trouble of reading all 6 pages, was the trial data posted with basic statistical analysis? Edit: looks like the answer is no. I mean even an entry into the junior high science fair requires SOME data.
  4. preload

Very well, I'll update what I wrote, thank you.
  5. preload

Also, I’d like to point out that the expression “off the reservation” is offensive to some Native Americans. @Spkrdctr
  6. preload

I generated waterfall plots for a couple of vibration isolators, including a product from isoacoustics. Short version is that there were definitely measurable differences. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/effects-of-2-vibration-isolation-devices-waterfall-plots.14743/...
  7. preload

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Like the Genelecs, the B&W 800/801/802 speakers are fairly linear on-axis. The BBC dip comes from the off-axis response, where the large 6" midrange starts to roll off faster with rising off-axis angle. It seems like a common error here to attempt to characterize the overall FR of a speaker by...
  8. preload

I think the same could be a said about a lot of things - if we just had more data and infinite analytical resources. But so far, as I think you're confirming, it isn't possible to predict blind wine tasting preferences based on chemical analysis alone, except to perhaps exclude wines that taste...
  9. preload

The B&W 800/801/802 (which are the ones commonly used in studios) all have a very similar BBC dip and overall response, even from generation to generation, at least for the past couple of decades. More importantly, any B&W 800/801/802 is going to be closer to the mastering engineer's B&W than a...
  10. preload

Thanks @RobL for finding this. Here's what Toole wrote: "I agree that close mic'ed recordings can be problems, and if they are, it is an indication of differing tastes (or hearing performance) between the recording staff and the listener, or, equally likely, monitoring through spectrally colored...
  11. preload

To clarify, are you saying that the blind taste preferences of wine can be predicted based on chemical analysis alone? Or are you saying that chemical analysis is used to make decisions during the winemaking process?
  12. preload

Thanks for clarifying what you mean by "accurate" because the word means different things to different people (unfortunately its denotative meaning is not as universal as one might think). Here's the issue: When we use this definition of "accurate" to refer to solid state devices like DACS and...
  13. preload

I wonder if that has something to do with it. I had experimented with adding a BBC dip to my genelecs too and had some good results. This would explain it.
  14. preload

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/which-speakers-are-the-classical-music-pros-using.12225/
  15. preload

You need to look harder and quit bashing product lines that don’t share the same design philosophy as the ones you carry in your shop. You also might want to observe how other vendors here on ASR are very graceful and respectful of competing products and manufacturers. (But if you feel the need...
  16. preload

Your 3rd bullet point (circle of confusion) is perhaps the most important. It’s what prevents a single loudspeaker from being “accurate” for all recordings. This is especially true with classical music, where we know a lot of recordings are mastered with B&W monitors. Which begs the question of...
  17. preload

LOL fine but not a perfect parallel example (since your evaluation wasn't based on wine "measurements") but I'll roll with it. Also great example. Even when wines are tasted blindly by incredibly experienced experts, there is STILL marked variation in wine rating scores for the exact same...
  18. preload

Thanks for taking the time to compare. If you can never prefer the sound reproduction of headphones over loudspeakers, this isn't exactly a fair comparison. I'm curious if anyone else has a pair of Genelec Ones (any model) and a pair of HD800 headphones and would like to compare these two...
  19. preload

For some people here, if you told them you really enjoyed a glass of the 63 Lafite, but they found out that the pH/temperature/sugar measurements of that vintage were poor, they would tell you that you don't have good taste in wine.
Top Bottom