Search results

1. M

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

Is your thought that in-walls sound worse than a similarly measuring freestanding speaker? Or that most in-walls are junk and these sound good?
  2. M

The W990 has basically flat response down to 40hz. These start rolling off at 100hz. But I'd agree--I'd rather have these and a subwoofer. I use them in a room with multiple sub-woofers to address room modes. I'm quite happy with them. Here is in room response vs predicted (subwoofers...
  3. M

Thanks @amirm ! If anyone wants to see, this exact speaker was used in the blind testing here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/four-speaker-blind-listening-test-results-kef-jbl-revel-osd.25818/ I had posted the Harman published spin data. It's good to see agreement...
  4. M

Speaker Blind Listening Test Part 2 Planning

We will likely take two speakers of reasonably similar behavior and test that the listener can correctly identify the X. Do you have other suggestions? I recently completed an audiogram at my audiologist that included tests all the way to 20khz, I'll published it when we get there. We've...
  5. M

I forgot to mention that we will conduct ABX testing of listeners to qualify them. I don't expect we will have issues as speakers sound rather different. Once that happens the first three tests happen on the turn table with 5 speakers. Participants will be asked to rate on a scale of 1-10 to...
  6. M

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

As we are getting ready to hold the improved follow up test, I created a new thread for input: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/speaker-blind-listening-test-part-2-planning.31014/
  7. M

@Inverse_Laplace and I will be conducting a second blind listening test. If you missed the original results you can read about the blind listening test here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/four-speaker-blind-listening-test-results-kef-jbl-revel-osd.25818/ We are...
  8. M

Measurements of Three Wireless Transmitters (SVS SoundPath, Dynasty ProAudio, iFinity Wireless)

Looks like someone posted some tests, never hurts to have more though: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/svs-soundpath-tri-band-wireless-audio-adapter-review-and-measurments-ish.24328/
  9. M

SVS SoundPath Review (Wireless Transmitter)

@amirm I doubt you still have this unit in your possession, but is it possible your latency measurement is wrong? I measured it with REW and an Motu M2 and got 25.2ms--which is right on spec. I had a looped back the acoustical timing on one channel of the M2 and ran the sweep on the other...
  10. M

Measurements of Three Wireless Transmitters (SVS SoundPath, Dynasty ProAudio, iFinity Wireless)

I purchased three stereo wireless audio transmitters and tested their frequency response, distortion, channel matching, and delay. The results are below. I utilized the Motu M2 audio interface and REW to take these measurements. I used REW’s soundcard calibration on the M2 before taking these...
  11. M

Topping PA5 measurements )

Any chance for an integrated power supply in the future models?
  12. M

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

I emailed 3e about this and they indicated that it was not possible to default the amplifier to on with the current design. EQ should still be bypassed unless you changed the routing when you updated. I left auto standby on and manually power the amplifier up.
  13. M

We were able to switch tracks instantly. We used a software soundboard with the clips loaded and the output to each speaker randomized. We focused on a single musical selection at a time and we were able to jump back and forth between speakers on that track as much as the listener wanted. We...
  14. M

The room is almost 16' long in the direction we'd probably sit. I'd guess 8' would be reasonable--though we'd be open to any suggestions. We probably wouldn't do any room correction, except possibly doing something to address low frequency room modes. The jury is still out on how we might add...
  15. M

It's an oddly shaped room (mid century modern). It's about 15.5' x 21'. The ceiling is sloped and is 8' high on the low side and 11' on the high side. There is a floor to ceiling fireplace in the middle.
  16. M

Thank you! Let's get a little closer and see how things are shaping up, might have enough speakers on hand.
  17. M

It looks like @Inverse_Laplace and I will be conducting a second blind listening test. It'll be on 3/28/22 and/or 3/29/22, so we've got some time to plan. We'd like to get feedback on improvements or changes for round two. Here are a few items so far: ITU R 1770 loudness instead of C...
  18. M

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

It’s a lot smaller: 14-1/8" x 6-7/16" 359mm x 163mm W990: 19-1/8" x 12-1/2" (486mm x 318mm)
  19. M

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

@amirm, If you’d like to measure the Revel W553L, I could pop mine out at some point. For what it’s worth, I think they sound pretty good for their price and size.
Top Bottom