Search results

1. Vict0r

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

Rolex has a better resale value, though. :p
  2. Vict0r

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

The value of this one is incredibly poor, but if you got it for free it would be a fine cable, so I voted in between at "not terrible".
  3. Vict0r

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

I don't understand this product, its target audience and its inner workings, so I refrain from voting. Nice blinky box, though.
  4. Vict0r

Swan Hivi X3 Review (Active Monitors)

"Eggelec" just rolls off the tongue. Try it. :p
  5. Vict0r

ASR makes me go back to other expensive hobbies ...

After I finished my ASR-quest and had my audio where I wanted it to be, I drifted back into knives. Oops. I never stopped buying watches and spamming Watchuseek, though. :p The problem is that I can't just buy anything like a normal person. I have to obsess and dive head first into the nerdiest...
  6. Vict0r

Headphones that are fun and forgiving?

You just described the Koss Portapro to me. :p I own a lot of headphones, but throw on the cheap Koss if I want something that smoothes over the rough edges. It's also very comfortable, light and low profile. Just an inoffensive little thing.
  7. Vict0r

< €50 IEM with similar shell as KZ DQ6

Have you tried Comply foam tips on your Chu?
  8. Vict0r

Are you using a Quest? Because the Koss Portapro mod for the Quest is great! You can order a cheap 3dprinted adapter from Etsy, or grab an STL file from Thingiverse and have it printed locally. You then attach the Portapro or KSC75 drivers from a Koss headphone. Sounds great! I personally don't...
  9. Vict0r

Not the same housing, but they will definitely stay in your ears: have you considered Etymotic?
  10. Vict0r

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

It's more a matter of expectations-management, I think. Amir's reviews aren't covering the whole product, but only a part of it. Which is perfectly fine, btw. I think some people mistake the reviews for something they aren't. Ideally you'd combine Amir's measurements with other people's reviews...
  11. Vict0r

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

It is not Amir's job to do so. ASR reviews are about measurable performance only. I do think a proper general disclaimer is in order, though.
  12. Vict0r

Best Horror movies

From the same director, both "Resolution" and "Spring" are excellent too. "Resolution" especially. Super creative meta-horror.
  13. Vict0r

Nectar Hive Review (Electrostatic Headphones)

Well, he does have a whole page dedicated to which amplifiers are most suitable. There's no warning on the product page itself, though. https://nectarsound.net/commercial-amp/
  14. Vict0r

Parts Express Copperhead Desktop Full-Range Speaker build

Well, building them sure looks wholesome.
  15. Vict0r

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

I don't need them, but that's a really good and tempting deal. Even cheaper than second hand!
  16. Vict0r

Best Horror movies

I've seen all of them except A Dark Song and Hellhouse LLC. I'll check those out. Thanks!
  17. Vict0r

Budget subwoofer < £200

I've been looking in the same direction, but it seems the Sub8 is the best option.
  18. Vict0r

This is how you'd want a manufacturer to reply to a less than ideal review. Good sport! I'm curious to see if the amplifier will make a difference.
  19. Vict0r

Sad! I was hoping this was going to be the be-all-end-all. I read some glowing reviews and customer comments, and my expectations were sky high. Thanks for the review, Amir!
  20. Vict0r

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Yeah, sure; it measures really well and all that. Well done, Topping. Again. Boring. :p I voted "Great!" because it is the best looking Topping unit yet, in my opinion! Nice to see they're stepping up in that regard as well. I'm a sucker for sleek, black boxes and this one nails that look.
Top Bottom