Search results

1. syzygetic

Schittius vs. Topping 50 Stack - Amp Power vs. DAC Specs?

You're thinking too hard. Get the Schiit Stack, it's great. I have one, and it has no sound signature at all. If you want one, use EQ. Really, the Schiit Modius/Magnius combo has been going strong for me since they were released, no regrets, used in all balanced mode with HD6XX and Aeon 2 Closed...
  2. syzygetic

Combining MiniDSP with an AVR

Yeah- for a 2.2 system, it seems the SHD alone would be plenty… I use one for my 2.2 system, and it’s amazing. SHD does the volume, and I stream to it via Roon. For your AVR replacement needs, it has tons of inputs too.
  3. syzygetic

Combining MiniDSP with an AVR

Yeah, seconded. Just use a MiniDSP.
  4. syzygetic

Tripp Lite IS250 Review (Isolation Transformer)

I only use isobar strips, both professionally and personally. Again, not for audio reasons, for computers, but they’re the real deal quality wise, and yes, they have a good diagnostic check.
  5. syzygetic

Tripp Lite IS250 Review (Isolation Transformer)

Happy owner of the 1000VA version of this, and I used it on my audio system to filter out electrical interference from my dishwasher, which was causing display flickers on my Meridian DSP speakers’ displays. This made no audible or measurable change to audio performance, it was literally some...
  6. syzygetic

Schiit Vidar vs NC502MP???

You absolutely will not hear the distortion from that, or any Hypex, Class D.
  7. syzygetic

Audiolense (XO?) in Roon for 3.2 system

This is helpful, thanks! I'll try the standard Audiolense and see where that gets me, then upgrade to XO if for some reason I find I'm missing something.
  8. syzygetic

MiniDSP SHD replacing Meridian G61R?

Ah, got it. Playing not more than 24/96. Tidal Master/HiFi or FLAC, those are really all I go for.
  9. syzygetic

Room bridge on coax (allo pi)
  10. syzygetic

Dual SVS SB 3000 or Dual HSU ULS-15 MK 2 For Appropriately Sized Room

I considered PSA too when I made my purchase, and just couldn't get the money to make sense, but SVS was on sale, and PSA wasn't, so sometimes they may be inverted. Oh, also, PSA was super helpful, and some of their models were running free veneer deals back in November. If you're interested in...
  11. syzygetic

I use the "Generator" to make the Pink Noise in REW, then I use the "RTA" or "Real Time Analyzer" to get the live data feedback. In this case, I would just not bother with the sweep feature you see mentioned a lot in tutorials online because you're looking for more dynamic data, especially if...
  12. syzygetic

I'd play a test signal (pink noise is fine) at a reasonable volume (80dB) with ear protection and watch a live response graph in REW while you mess with the phase control live. It's simple but effective at determining whether the phase helps your null. There may be a more rigorous method, but...
  13. syzygetic

It has super basic room correction, nothing like what you can do in the SHD, more like what you might do on a studio monitor with lots of DIP switches... canned DSP corrections like boundary, corner, etc. The bass management is truly the improvement, though, and, to be honest, I'd love to play...
  14. syzygetic

Yeah, sure! It'll be a while, I'm away from the house for at least a week, but I'll post some data as soon as I can.
  15. syzygetic

Ok, so I'm coming a little late to this, but I had a similar debate: You have $2500 for a pair of subs. What do? I ended up getting the pair of SB-3000s for my DSP5200.2 main system. They're exemplary. I had the same 120Hz issues, in my case a crazy null around there. It was a phase issue, and...
  16. syzygetic

So, the Meridian speakers are great, I have no complaints about them above 400Hz. The sub integration, though, especially dual subs, just isn't there, neither in the speakers themselves nor in the processors. Even if you have multiple subs, they just treat them as separate channels and share...
  17. syzygetic

PEQ, really. I develop a room correction in REW right now, deals with bass, mostly... nothing over 400Hz requires correction in my room.
  18. syzygetic

Now: on the G61R. When I use a SPDIF direct streamer to the 5200.2s: On the speaker, via the Meridian remote In this hypothetical SHD future: on the SHD, via digital volume, or Roon?
  19. syzygetic

Interesting idea, I’ll dig into this one, thanks!
  20. syzygetic

They can take coax in just fine, works straight from the streamer if I want to. Meridian Comms over RJ45 is proprietary, but the SPDIF on each speaker isn’t, so I can run SPDIF into one of them (master elected speaker), and RJ45 between the two.
Top Bottom