Search results

1. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

Thanks a lot for the feedback and your suggestions! I sat down with the team and we decided to go with A, so that you can see all the drivers. There will be a cover similar to B as an accessories later on for people who prefer to hide the woofer below the horizontal groove – that gives it a...
  2. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

There is some (aesthetic) design refinement going on... what do you guys think? Variant A: Variant B Variant C Variant D Variant D+ (along with different patterns)
  3. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

It's called "valchromat" which is 30 % denser/stronger than traditional MDF and has a homogenous structure, which we need to mill the waveguide in. We use it with all of our speaker, so Model M1 and S1 are also made of it. Yes, might be. We have different presets in the making and will start...
  4. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

There is much weight at the button and also a plate on the ground (see renderings). The proportions are just 90° turned, so depth is changed with width compared to conventional speakers.
  5. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

If we like to stay within the Genelec product range, I'd say it's more like a S360 + W371A.
  6. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

Yes, sure: Some comments here: >1,5 kHz HF is mostly H2 limited, which typically with compression drivers. Still all components are below common hearing thresholds. H3 (and all other components) are extremely low, no matter how much power you throw on them. Mid-bass driver is extremely low...
  7. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

Thanks! As you can see, we used the exact same room and measurement system that was used for the Kii Three, so the measurement are as comparable as it gets :)
  8. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

Yes, it works really well... I think it's even down to 30 Hz: In comparison the monopol preset, so without the cardioid... you can easily see the effect <200 Hz Both measurement are preliminary, so there will be some fine tuning unit the final setup.
  9. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

I can confirm that it's not Redcatt (although we looked at that specific driver). Our drive has a 75mm (3") VC which is needed for 500-750 W peak (single driver).
  10. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

Right, each speakers can reach 110db @35 Hz (THD <3%) in free field (without any room gain). Bass is really nice!
  11. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

YES, its Model M3: https://ggntkt.de/en/model-m2-kommt-als-model-m3-status-quo-teil-3/
  12. roland{at}GGNTKT

Here's my space. What do you think of my (unusual?) ideas?

There should be an English version of the page. But you are right, the bass extension is not up yet, but can already be ordered. Since we don't have an US representative yet, our speakers won't show up on any US trade fairs. As for the horizontal directivity: There will be a wide sweet spot...
  13. roland{at}GGNTKT

Yes, they Model S1 is not a full range system as it's meant to be crossed @120Hz. However we have a bass extension, that has the same shallow design (<4-inch/ <100mm), that gives you a full range 3-way system. Some pics from the lab: ...and a video while playing @100 db...
  14. roland{at}GGNTKT

Right, Model S1 has full 180° coverage in the horizontal plane. But because of the strong vertical steering you always need to have the tweeter on ear height. It looks to me, that the mounting you discussed, is very hight. This will only work when you stand up, but as soon as you sit, the...
  15. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

A little teaser: More to come ;)
  16. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT Model M1

Well, the stand is very filigree by design. But there is 8x 12mm (0.5") solid steel tubes that give stability. Yes, it's all about directivity. Horizontal dispersion is 140° which is wider compared to the apx. 90° of conventional designs. People tend to like the spaciousness of first side...
  17. roland{at}GGNTKT

First review of GGNTKT’s M1 loudspeaker

I can add two more reviews, but it's all local press: https://ggntkt.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/STEREO_09-2021.pdf https://ggntkt.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/SR_01-2021_ModelM1.pdf
  18. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

People, M2 is coming! Since it's the 3rd iteration we did some major changes, but it was worth it. I can share some more details in 2-3 weeks.
  19. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT Model M1

I can share some pictures taken from the review
  20. roland{at}GGNTKT

GGNTKT Model M1

They run out of space (too much diagrams) ;)
Top Bottom