Search results

1. pk500

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

The seal is very tight, especially if you have a big head. Whether that leads to overheating depends on your tolerance level.
  2. pk500

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I have used a JDS Atom+ amp and DAC to drive my HE-400se beautifully. Plenty of clean power for that headphone.
  3. pk500

WTT: Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire pads for Focal Elex

Wanted To Trade: Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire pads for Focal Elex Looking to trade a pair of Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire fenestrated pads – basically the Noire but with the red-and-black body of the A2C – for a pristine pair of Focal Elex. Feel free to PM me if you...
  4. pk500

Thanks for the tip. I'm not a big EQer -- I have a JDS Labs three-band Subjective3 equalizer for some minor tweaking. I'm not so sure frequency is the cause for the A2C with Noire pads aggravating my tinnitus. I have owned and listened to some cans with some quite crispy treble without EQ, and...
  5. pk500

Yep. 'Fraid so. A shame, as I REALLY like the sound signature of these cans.
  6. pk500

My experience with Focal Elegia and DCA Aeon Closed 2 with Noire pads is different. Please note these perceptions are all WITHOUT EQ. The Elegia has true bass "punch and slam." The bass isn't that present, but when there's a bass drop in EDM or some other very percussive part of a piece of...
  7. pk500

I have a very large head, so clamping force can be an issue for me with some cans. The DCA's grip my head like a vise, and the nickel-titanium (nitinol) metal used in the headband doesn't bend. It always snaps back to its original shape, so it's all but impossible to bend the band to relieve the...
  8. pk500

Curious: How will I be "fine" when my tinnitus increases every time I use the DCA's? I listen to them at the same volume as my other headphones -- not very loud. But thanks for the inference that I should continue to use the DCAs because if they don't aggravate your tinnitus, they can't...
  9. pk500

I have suffered from pretty severe tinnitus for about five years, with moderate tinnitus for about five years before that. Recently bought a pair of Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with Noire fenestrated pads used. The sound is sublime. But these cans have aggravated my tinnitus like no other...
  10. pk500

Hifiman Edition XS

You may be able to overcome flaw in the automatic high-gain sensor of the Sonata HD Pro with the "jack trick." Buy a 3.5-mm to 3.5-mm jack and put the male end of the jack into the Sonata HD Pro first. Then plug the headphone cable into the female end of the jack. That "tricks" the Sonata HD...
  11. pk500

Hifiman Edition XS

Where is the wishy-washy feedback? Sure, there are outliers of complaint, but the general consensus is that the XS are a step above the Sundara and punching pretty close to the Ananda. So, a $500 price point sounds about right. I bought the Edition XS. They're better than my HD 6XX, which I...
  12. pk500

Hifiman Edition XS

Fantastic feedback. Thanks, man!
  13. pk500

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

That's the case with almost every planar compared to dynamic drivers. Magnets weigh significantly more than polymer cones.
  14. pk500

Been awhile since I had them. Maybe I remembered wrong. But I do remember thinking, "No effing way the sound of these cans was worth $350 new." It's The Bose Tax at work. People are forced to pay extra because Bose is a master at marketing. So many non-audiophiles think Bose is the pinnacle of...
  15. pk500

The Bose QC 35 II is the most comfortable headphone I've ever tried, wireless or wired. Too bad the sound is so damn sterile, thin and boring, even for the lower standards of TWS cans.
  16. pk500

I have owned both a 500 series Sennheiser headphone and the HiFiMan HE-400se. The HE-400se has some of the roomiest cups of any headphone I've used, and I have a big head and fairly big ears.
  17. pk500

They're also not planar-magnetic. Polymer cones weigh a hell of a lot less than magnets.
  18. pk500

Knead the hotspots gently with your thumbs. Seriously. That technique, plus usage time, helped to mold the headband to my head and eliminate the discomfort in less than a week.
  19. pk500

Alternative to the Meizu HiFi Pro

Try the THX Onyx: https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Cross-Platform/dp/B09HN7887V It's not cheap, though. $200.
  20. pk500

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I dig Laphroaig, so I feel you. People either love it or think it tastes like mouthwash. Nobody takes a sip of Laphroaig and says, "Eh, not bad." :)
Top Bottom