Search results

1. jhenderson0107

Unofficial Review - Sonos Roam

I use three Moves to provide sound over the rear patio. I dock them in Monzlteck Wall Mounts attached to the exterior walls of the house beneath the eves, continuously charging via nearby outlets. Two Moves are stereo-paired, the third is mono. This provides excellent coverage, sound streamed...
  2. jhenderson0107

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

Of course - any time! If you prepare a Qobuz or Apple Music playlist beforehand, we'll audition using music you know well.
  3. jhenderson0107

A Trinnov Altitude 16 preprocessor provides surround decoding. One of its output channel drives a Minidsp Flex, which sources three RS1 subs and some Buttkicker LFEs in my couch. I used MSO to optimize the subwoofer response below 75 Hz: Currently, the RS1's crossover to the 8361s at 40 Hz...
  4. jhenderson0107

Genelec USA claimed yesterday to have a pair in-stock for immediate shipment. So, I ordered them through a local dealer today. Hoping for - but not expecting - a delivery in July.
  5. jhenderson0107

Ordered a pair of W371As today for my theater. I am currently running 8361As for L, C, R, Lrs, Rrs and 8351Bs for Ls, Rs. I intend to reposition the 8351Bs atop the W371As for L, R then move the 8361As to Ls, Rs. According to tech support at Genelec, the W371s will cross at ~200-300 Hz...
  6. jhenderson0107

Single 8361A - Producer Grey

Price drop to $4100, including shipping in CONUS.
  7. jhenderson0107

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

I don't think such a thread would be relevant to this forum. Attached is a brief build log.
  8. jhenderson0107

Single 8361A - Producer Grey

$4250 + shipping anywhere to CONUS. Looks and works as new. Used under one year as center channel in my home theater. Replaced with a black 8361A, to match my other base layer speakers. Specs
  9. jhenderson0107

Who has any sort of electronic repair equipment/workbench and what do you have. Post pics if you like.

No, that's a Fieldfox VNA. The left third of the bench is low frequency: Power supplies, DVMs, etc. The middle third is mid frequency (to 6 GHz). The right third is higher frequency (to 26 GHz). Most of the stuff I work on is < 10 GHz.
  10. jhenderson0107

Who has any sort of electronic repair equipment/workbench and what do you have. Post pics if you like.

Equipment ventilation: Rackmount fans are mounted into the rear of each shelf, flowing upwards. The uppermost shelf vents to outside. The solder station has no fume hood, but it's located in the shop which has great ventilation. The fan shown on the electronics bench is actually cooling an...
  11. jhenderson0107

The sub incorporates an integrated crossover network. The L/R outputs from a Scarlett USB sound card route through the sub en-route to the iLoud MTMs. This crossover sums and low-pass filters the single 8" sub driver and also high-pass filters the MTMs.
  12. jhenderson0107

Review and (unofficial) measurements of Thomann SSSnake Cat Snake 3FB and 3MC (Analog cable snake over Category 5/6/7 cable)

I used this cabling to route analog signals to my side and rear surrounds and a rear sub in my home theater. Mitigates cabling and works great. Note: It is critical to use properly shielded CAT cabling to insure ground continuity.
  13. jhenderson0107

I still like the 824's very much. I used them in my Den for years, then repurposed them as mix-down monitors in conjunction with Reaper for my classical guitar practice sessions and recordings. When playing real music played by competent musicians (other than me), they provide plenty of bass...
  14. jhenderson0107

I CNC'd and painted some shelves for my MTMs, attached to my gaming rig via underside hex bolts:
  15. jhenderson0107

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Dispersion is very similar regardless of orientation for all 83x1 speakers. I chose to orient horizontally to obscure the rear controls and cabling where possible.
  16. jhenderson0107

Genelec options for dedicated home theater.

My 7.3.6 home theater setup consists of 8361As front and rear, 8351As on the sides, three RS1 subs. I've experimented with crossing over from the 8361s to the subs throughout the range 40-80 Hz using 24-48 dB/oct filters. I've converged on preferring a 40 Hz crossover for music and 60 Hz...
  17. jhenderson0107

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Configure Alt 16 to use a single bass channel, attached to Minidsp input ch 1. USB sound card out ch 1 to Minidsp input ch 2, sound card out ch 2 looped back to sound card in ch 2 (timing reference), sound card in ch 1 to mic. Via the Minidsp plugin, sequentially enable each Minidsp subwoofer...
  18. jhenderson0107

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

In my experience, using REW to measure each of the three subs attached to my Altitude 16 at three positions takes less than an hour from collecting the laptop, USB sound card and cables to the point MSO is performing optimizations. A Raspberry PI running minidsp-rs is used to remotely load...
Top Bottom