Search results

1. alpha_logic

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

Have you installed the windows amanero drivers? https://amanero.com/drivers.htm Also, you are actually getting output on the pi4, correct? For USB input, the 'Input Status Leds' column on the right should flash twice, not once: https://geshelli.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/jnog2-user-manual.pdf
  2. alpha_logic

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

So if we're now into reviewing the quality of the included documentation, then clearly the 'Chinglish' documentation of Topping/SMSL/Loxje/Gustard strikes me as the prime candidate to 'do the needful' : )
  3. alpha_logic

On a hosted platform where you don't have access to the site's vhost configuration, or some tool that provides such functionality from the user interface, you can't set up redirects. Besides - the manual is clearly accessible, under the new link right under the product page, so I don't see how...
  4. alpha_logic

I think the company name 'Geshelli' is derived from the husband/wife couple who run the company, 'Geno/Sherri', hence 'Ge-Shelli' - someone correct me please if I'm wrong.
  5. alpha_logic

Amir says this referring to the filter in his review: 'The latter is something few companies get right. Good thing as there is no way to change the filter.' I admit I don't understand that statement, since as I understand it the filters are hard-coded on the actual ESS chip, so I'm not quite...
  6. alpha_logic

That's a Google rather than a Geshelli fail, because they moved their website to a new hosting provider only a few days ago, and hence you're looking at an outdated link which Google hasn't re-indexed yet.
  7. alpha_logic

Right? I was wondering if you're going to say something about that, since the last time around you weren't exactly happy with the original JNOG: )
  8. alpha_logic

I bought the J2 just a few days ago. No, the J2 is not the best measuring DAC on the market at this price-point, but I dig the eccentric case design, and the fact that it's a product made in the USA. I'll keep buying Geshelli's products, and I look forward to seeing the company grow and produce...
  9. alpha_logic

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

1) No, should work fine. 2) Not recently released, but the Schiit Modius compares in this price category; I have both, the J2 and the Modius, and no - I don't think I could tell a difference in a blind test between the two DAC's. 3) I selected the 9026pro - I haven't seen any measurements...
  10. alpha_logic

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

All analog output stages of any DAC I've seen are class A, in fact most 'small signal' output stages on any device (preamps, etc) are class A. The heat generated by the X26 is mostly generated by the I/V stage and the dual ES9038 pro DAC chips.
  11. alpha_logic

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

No, I need to see reliable measurements first - subjective reviews are not the deciding factor when it comes to buying decisions as far as I'm concerned. No, the build quality, parts and implementation on this DAC looked really good, so I thought it had some real potential. I could never find...
  12. alpha_logic

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

Damn, this DAC was on my List. That IMD hump is the engineering equivalent of not flushing a toilette, very bad style that. Looks like Amir saved me a lot of money... again : )
  13. alpha_logic

SMSL D1SE Balanced ES9038PRO

voltage mode - I can't remember the source, but remember having looked for exactly that info some time ago.
  14. alpha_logic

Don't know which DAC to buy

In that price range, I would go with the SMSL SU-6 , or the Schiit Modius.
  15. alpha_logic

Gustard x26 pro - Poor QC

Huh, well you get outliers in just about any product series - given the poor build quality, I would return it. My X26 Pro arrived in perfect shape, and operates without flaw or fail.
  16. alpha_logic

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

I use the U18 for a very noisy usb connection, which originates on a workstation with dual nvidia rtx 3090's, on which I do a lot of ML on a daily basis - also the usb cable is 2.5m in length, and picks up a god-awful amount of noise along the way - I have no other option right now, in terms of...
  17. alpha_logic

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Yes, I ran it with a Singxer SU-2 KTE, a cheapo Nobsound DDC, and more recently with a Gustard U18 via I2S. Ran fine with all of them, even though the default I2S setting on the Gustard and Nobsound won't work since it will flip the channels (default pin profile on the U18 profile is for Gustard...
  18. alpha_logic

SMSL SU-9 vs D1se

Don't rely on a DAC as a tone control, or an equalizer - go for the DAC that offers the best performance, measurements and features for your budget. If you have problems with excessive treble, look to the rest of your signal chain as the more likely culprit : )
  19. alpha_logic

EarMen Tradutto Review (DAC)

If you can't argue with the data, discredit the method with which the data was collected, and discredit the character and motivation of the people collecting the data.
  20. alpha_logic

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

The analog signal from the DAC chip is amplified in the analog output stage. The analog output stage draws power from the power supply via the filter caps which are charge-cycled @ 60hz via the linear power supply; the more power 'on tap', ie. the more capacitance these filter caps offer, the...
Top Bottom