Search results

1. A

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

KRK ROKIT 10-3 G4 Big 3-way powered monitor with a 10" woofer at $439 (each) sale price.
  2. A

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Thanks for the review - I was hoping these would get Klippel'd, given that Polk has upped their game, objective performance-wise, with the Legend and Reserve series. For $350/pair (sale price), the ES20 looks like a great combination of frequency response, bass extension, distortion, and...
  3. A

Monoprice THX-365C Center Channel Speaker Review (by Erin)

The 365C was even a better value when they want on sale for $350 when the regular price was $400. I bought one in Dec '19 for $350. As a side comment, I really wanted the 460T floorstanders to complete the front 3 channels. In April '21, I bought a pair and both had several scratches in...
  4. A

Digione Player

Trinnov AV Processor with HDMI inputs? If so, the Bluray player via HDMI option would work. If the Trinnov had network DLNA/UPnP capabilities, it could be the renderer. In another system, I use a Marantz AV Processor in this way.
  5. A

Digione Player

OP, what equipment do you have downstream from the renderer/streamer? FYI, in one system, I use a cheap Sony Bluray player (S6700 connected with ethernet cable) as an OpenHome renderer with BubbleUPnP server. The Bluray player will pass Qobuz tracks up to 192 kHz via HDMI to a Denon AVR, but...
  6. A

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Curious if folks are running the Atom DAC+ and AMP+ stack into powered speakers or into an amp with passive speakers. If so, is that working well in terms of the AMP+ having enough clean output voltage to drive speaker amplifiers well?
  7. A

Polk Monitor XT speaker reviews (posted by Erin)

Curious to also hear Erin's subjective impression of how these XT's sound. They all look to have elevated treble on-axis, but do they all sound bright? For only $50-100 more a pair than the XT20 (depending on sale price), curious about how the Signature Elite ES20 measures and sounds.
  8. A

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Also curious about the KRK ROKIT 10-3 G4 (big 3-way) in terms of frequency response, bass extension, and distortion vs. SPL.
  9. A

Watermarking: what do we know?

Not sure if this is the best place to post this. Does anyone have the interest and capability to take a CD FLAC rip and the same FLAC track on Tidal and capture/compare the Chromecast Audio digital output bitstream for both. One would have a make their best educated assumption that the CD and...
  10. A

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

If someone had the interest and capabilities, the test I mentioned a couple posts back could answer both the question of Tidal's stream quality (vs. a CD FLAC rip) to the CCA and the CCA's ability to pass the stream bit-perfect through its digital output: Take a new release CD FLAC rip and the...
  11. A

This is really an intellectual exercise or question to determine "what you get" with Tidal FLAC vs. one's personal FLAC library from CD rips, so just a curiosity for me personally, not a big deal or anything that would push me away from Tidal FLAC streaming (for which I subscribe). I think the...
  12. A

I don't know, but that would be a moot question if they were known to be bit-for-bit identical. Not trying to start a debate on the audibility of this or that. This is a pretty simple question - is a Tidal FLAC 16/44.1 stream bit-for-bit identical to a local FLAC CD rip of the same track as...
  13. A

That if is the if... :) ...if a Tidal FLAC stream is the same as a local FLAC rip of the same track in terms of what the CCA is receiving and subsequently outputting via optical. I'm defining bit perfect to mean that a local FLAC CD rip and Tidal FLAC stream of the same track would be...
  14. A

For example, take a new release CD (one that has not been remastered with multiple versions of the same CD) and rip a track to FLAC. Play that ripped local FLAC track and the same track on Tidal HiFi (FLAC) at 100% volume on the CCA. Would the bitstreams be identical from the CCA's digital...
  15. A

I was asking whether Tidal FLAC 16/44.1 (not MQA) was bit-perfect vs. the same FLAC 16/44.1 track streamed from a local CD rip. I know that the CCA is capable of bit-perfect. I certainly hope that a FLAC 16/44.1 stream pulled from Tidal routed to the CCA would be identical to the same FLAC...
  16. A

Good to know. Could you please point me to a test that shows this, if you have that handy? I finished reading this thread and found no mention of specific data on this (Tidal FLAC 16/44.1 bit-perfect through CC Audio optical out).
  17. A

I have read the first 30 pages of this thread, and don't see that the following has been confirmed. Using Tidal HiFi (FLAC at 16/44.1) and casting to a CC Audio via the Tidal Android app, is the digital output bit-perfect when set to 100% volume? Seems like it should be bit-perfect (and...
  18. A

Just FYI - I am having one of the CC Ultra power supply/ethernet adapters (eBay link a few posts back) sent to Amir for analog and digital performance testing with the CC Audio.
  19. A

@amirm If I bought you one of the CC Ultra power supply/ethernet adapters in the ebay link a couple posts above, would you have any interest testing the CC Audio analog and digital performance using it with ethernet? If not, no worries.
  20. A

The CC Ultra power supply and ethernet adapter in the ebay link above does work with the CC Audio too, as expected.
Top Bottom