Search results

1. amirm

Email notifications unreliable until Monday

Thanks. I made the switchover to the new provider later in the day yesterday. So hopefully you won't get any more in your spam folder. Please report if that is not the case.
  2. amirm

Review and Measurements of Asus STX II PCI Sound Card

Correct. This is only happening with ASIO4ALL wrapper so don't worry about it if you don't use it.
  3. amirm

No. Inbound email is down still so that is just a placeholder for now.
  4. amirm

Let me know if they continue to go into spam folder. The new email server is supposed to be "trusted" a lot more to avoid that.
  5. amirm

Thanks John. Just configured the new email system. Everyone, please report your experiences with it.
  6. amirm

Testing....

test9
  7. amirm

Testing....

test
  8. amirm

Testing....

test
  9. amirm

What to put beneath an area rug to absorb reflections?

It might be. The key thing is that air has to be able to go through it. The more porous, the better. If you can get a sample, just try to breath through it and see if it is easy or hard.
  10. amirm

Yes. That is why it is good at even -120 dB (20 bits). As I noted, a limiter would cause that droop towards right side of the graph. I don't know where that would be or why it would be on.
  11. amirm

No, it is not software (apps) in that regard. Drivers are operating system extensions and many times do not come with any install/uninstall scripts. Go in your add/remove control panel and see if there is anything for the myriad of drivers in your computer. I suspect you won't find any.
  12. amirm

Measurement and Review of FX-Audio DAC-X6 DAC (compared to Topping D30 and Fiio E10K)

Hi there. I have a pretty large backlog of equipment to review. So I don't think I will get to do this anytime soon. Sorry about that.
  13. amirm

Schiit Saga Grounding and Hum Issues?

No, yours is fine then. I have one in for review which I will check....
  14. amirm

Toshiba Aurex - New "Hi Res" Cassette Deck

Looks like a junk boombox. Very strange...
  15. amirm

This can't be good...

You guys are not sneaking in another political food fight, are you?
  16. amirm

So I think we are done, no? I rather move on to testing something else. :)
  17. amirm

Never mind I found it. :) https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/asus-stx-ii.php And they are indeed like mine and substantially worse than the original!
  18. amirm

I did but only saw the original STX measurements. Where is the STX II?
  19. amirm

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Massdrop is the top discount site for audio gear (and other stuff). I have bought a bunch of stuff from them as have others. It is a very good company other than selling products that may not be ready for months at times. Most of the notices here for discounts is actually from massdrop.
  20. amirm

My concern with installing alternative drivers is having it not work and being a one-way street (i.e. no uninstall)....
Top Bottom