Search results

1. Astoneroad

Is anyone else Ok with less than perfect performance?

Life is short. Seize the Day!
  2. Astoneroad

Harman flagship store in NYC has closed it’s doors

Ranting was invented in NYC. It's one of the most rapidly changing environments on the planet. If it's been more than 5 years since you've been there... it isn't there anymore. Savor the memories... the only place where they still exist... are your synapses. Personally... I miss the...
  3. Astoneroad

Absolutely. Truly... a Harmonic Convergence! :cool:
  4. Astoneroad

A McIntosh distributor confirmed the story a month after the closing. He had no reason to lie, it would have been more likely that he denied that embarrassing fact. The cost to pay off the lease would have been far greater than the value of the gear and furnishings, although substantial. Take...
  5. Astoneroad

McIntosh closed down the SoHo Townhouse. I understand as part of the negotiation with the landlord, they simply walked away and left EVERYTHING behind as part of negotiating breaking their lease.
  6. Astoneroad

TV Series Suggestion Please

Sonic Avenger! A scrappy mad scientist sets the world of audio "on its' ear".
  7. Astoneroad

Snake Oil Department, Top This

To quote James Brown... "Please... Please... Please..." I just wanna know (after ALL these years) is my love for Mc's is all in my head (as all love of course is) or if they validate that with numbers. I'd be very surprised if the numbers varied greatly from what the factory publishes. I'm...
  8. Astoneroad

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Yes! I love my vintage MC7300, but I'd love to see a McIntosh amp goes through the rigors of Amir's testing. It sounds like you might want to clear the "weight limit" with Amir, since he often complains about heavy gear.
  9. Astoneroad

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Gravity Always Wins
  10. Astoneroad

Pics you’ve taken,

11. Astoneroad

WANTED: Topping Multichannel DAC (list your wants)

List your wants... an exponential reduction in the total amount of entropy... would seem to address all things from audio... to retaining the hearing ability to appreciate the nuances of our incredible gear... to... well... you know.:facepalm:
  12. Astoneroad

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Thanks for another informative review Amir. Looks like a lot of transparent bang for the buck.
  13. Astoneroad

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

Danny's prototype speaker cables. In addition to being cheap to make... he was able to receive Fast Radio Bursts from the event horizon.... who needs the Webb telescope when we have Danny!? Since NASA didn't have "a properly treated room"... they couldn't hear it... ONLY he can... ONLY in Cow...
  14. Astoneroad

Do paint and carpets affect the sound?

It hasn't been publicly announced yet... but Paul & Danny are promoting a line of Audiophool paint. The first color to be released is "Booby Blue"... with the ad campaign of "Birds of a Feather... lie together"
  15. Astoneroad

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

I've met Alice... and the Hookah smoking caterpillar. They've got an awesome listening room.
  16. Astoneroad

Do paint and carpets affect the sound?

... like refute Einstein and Relativity... because he married his cousin? Maybe that's how he (Einstein) came up with the idea... and he (Danny) came up with "Mellow Yellow". It's amazing the investment against facts and truth. Good thing my Ouija board never lies... for $3k it really lifts...
Top Bottom