Search results

1. R

Beyerdynamic 700 pro x, subjective impressions

TLDR: Very good (but not perfect). Why nobody makes more headphones like these (in this price range)? The long story: I've long been in a search for closed back headphones (for privacy and not interrupting others). My requirement were: (1) good sound quality; (2) relatively light; (3) sturdy...
  2. R

Recommendation for closed back headphones

Comfort of the 770, for my head, was very good after bending the headband backwards a little to reduce clamping force. I'm afraid that this was the only positive point.
  3. R

That's good to know. Despite the reviews, I've hated the DT770 so badly, that I told myself I'm done with Beyerdynamic. Maybe I'll risk it and buy a pair, because I see that the only other option worth considering is the Dan Clark's, and they're a little too pricy for what I want to spend. (I...
  4. R

Question about headphone amplification in speakers amp

I've had several headphone amps over the years (Fiio, JDS labs, Schiit, Drop THX 789 etc.). I also own an old Audiolab 8000A integrated amp (the early 90's UK version with the bass & treble knobs), which is mostly just stored away. The old Audiolab has a feature that I think is being faded out...
  5. R

Hello all, As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of closed back headphones. I've owned all sorts of headphones, and the best ones for me thus far are the Drop HD6XX, which sound great to my taste (except some low-bass deficiency I can EQ), and are so comfortable I barely feel them on. I...
  6. R

Time to choose speakers after some narrowing down...

Thanks! I believe I will. As I've written, it was a home audition over the weekend. Didn't get a chance to compare to any of the Revel speakers, and other options didn't really interest me anyway (except the BMR and Buchardt, which naturally aren't available just for auditions).
  7. R

No. But the difference in loudness was very small, and in any case in favor of the R200 (i.e., the R200 was slightly louder).
  8. R

It's good to have friends working in hifi! Eventually, my friend managed to arrange for me a home audition of the Contour 20i. TLDR: they stayed. :cool: Disclaimer: Auditions and comparisons were made as objectively and blindly as possible. If anything, I hoped to find out there's no reason to...
  9. R

that's quite funny! That possible interpretation never crossed my mind... :)
  10. R

They are distributed by Kahane Group. They have no presence in stores, I believe they sell directly to costumers of their architectural projects. As a private costumer, my only way to get prices and model availability was by knowing someone from that sector who works with them. Like I wrote...
  11. R

Just to put things in context, I've had quite a few floorstanders before, including my last pair of speakers before the Polk R200 (Dynaudio S3.4). I've also had Proac, PMC, Vienna Acoustics, Sonus Faber, Kudos, Neat Acoustics, Von-Schweikert, Monitor Audio, Focal, Polk Audio, Vandersteen- all...
  12. R

The Buchardts got my serious attention a long time ago. I might buy those in addition eventually, out of sheer curiosity.
  13. R

I have actually listened to various kef speakers on quite a few occasions, Never fell for them. They didn't sound bad or anything, but also nothing special (for me). Which actually reminds me of a point I want to make- I'm not sure the FR linearity promises my subjective preference (I think...
  14. R

Thank you all! We're down to 2. Despite my initial intention, my original #1 contender and the reason I got my interest back, the BMR, is off the table due to the whole international shipping thing being either complicated or expensive (not to mention taxes). Also, since it's still guesswork, if...
  15. R

That's nice, but the idea is to find reliable measurements *before* buying the speakers...
  16. R

Thanks! that's a bummer. I thought I found something useful. I know the Stereophile measurements, but it's not the same speaker (different tweeter at least). So it's back to guesswork, I guess... :rolleyes:
  17. R

Can anyone comment on the measurements I found? It's no spinorama, but I'm sure it's useful. The Contour 20i measurements: https://www.hifi-voice.com/testy-a-recenze/reprosoustavy-regalove/2795-dynaudio-contour-20i For reference, measurements of well known speakers also measured elsewhere...
  18. R

I wish. It's a "take it or leave it" favor. He has no such speakers on display, he does architectural installations etc. He works with audio brands mostly for their in wall speakers.
  19. R

The speakers are also used for movies (there's a projector there), and sound great in their location anyway.
Top Bottom