Search results for query: usb noise

1. T

USB noise - USB isolator or new audio interface?

Hi, I have got a hiss noise issue coming from the speakers with my current setup that I use for music production (recording guitar and voice), music listening and calls. I think it is due to a USB power leakage but I would like confirmation from experts :) Attached file is a recording of the...
  2. E

Apple usb c to 3.5 giving loud white noise, help appreciated.

I have an apple usb c to 3.5mm, that works well with my phone, but i need it on my windows pc. When i connect it via usb converter to my pc and play music, the music will stop and be replaced by white noise for a while and then it repeats over and over. I tried different ports, same difference.
  3. J

USB Noise / Ground Loop - Best Solution

Hello, I just bought some speakers (Adam Audio T5V) and I'm having some noise issues. My current set up is: PC connected to Topping D10S (via USB) Topping D10S connected to Topping L30 (via RCA cables) Topping L30 connected to the speakers (via out RCA cables) Topping L30 connected to my...
  4. Mr. Haelscheir

What do folks here think of products like the Matrix Element H

I had lately on the dreaded Head-fi come across the mention of the Matrix Element H which makes vague claims of improved USB audio quality. I don't think I have seen discussions about such "audiophile USB ports/interfaces" here yet, i.e. of more upstream tweaks than fancy USB cables or filters...
  5. Norville

Topping HS02 USB isolator early impressions

I couldn't find a lot of information about the Topping HS02 USB isolator online from people actually using one so I thought I'd post some of my early impressions of using it. I had a pretty bad noise coming out of the USB connections from my PC motherboard. It didn't matter if I had the output...
  6. docjordan

Omnitronic MM-2 USB measurement mic vs UMIK-1 & UMM-6

Hello, the cheap Omnitronic mic has significant USB Chirping see background of usb chirping In addition, I created a lot of articles about background of measurment microphone covering low noise , high SPL, USB interfaces and so on background for measurement microphones In general all the...
  7. T

Dirac Problem - No Noise Ouput in 1 Channel

Hi all I am a new owner of a SHD Studio. It has been frustrating trying to get the Dirac Live calibration to work. My SHD Studio is connected to my DAC via AES/EBU. A Windows 11 laptop is in turn connected to the SHD Studio via USB. At the Dirac Live volume calibration page, I am able to hear...
  8. D

Foobar DSD Problem with Interference Noises

Hello everyone, Unfortunately, I have been having a very annoying and probably not easy to solve problem with the native playback of DSD files via Foobar and my external DAC (Pre Box S2 Digital) connected via USB. My configuration: Windows 11 Asus Strix X570-E board AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT Foobar...
  9. V

"swish" sound with Hidizs S9 on Android

Hi there, I have a Hidizs S9 that I bought ages ago for use with my phone, but I haven't used it much because I've never really managed to get it working right. It has a lot of hiss at low volumes when not using exclusive audio mode apps. It's a kind of swish noise that fades up as the track...
  10. M

Audio Interface from USB to AES XLR (per channel)

Afternoon All I've been working away at building a pair of Active Studio monitors. After about 2 1/2 years of waiting for DSP's and delays on Class D amplifiers, they're making noise. I'm currently running from an analogue signal from the PC to analogue XLR inputs on each monitor. But the...
  11. solderdude

Buy USB isolator for E70 Velvet? E50? E30II?

When one is plagued by weird noises or hums that disappear when the USB cable is removed then it makes sense to add USB isolators. When your system is totally quiet when no music is playing (or digital 'zero') then there is no need nor any benefit of adding USB isolators, EMC filters, reclockers...
  12. audio_tony

How is this possible? Shunyata power line filtering (with video)

...USB fed DACs is ground loops. I did some measurements of USB fed DACs using a Pi, Intel NUC and a laptop, none of which had this famous USB noise. With some laptops, the power brick itself can cause noise on the USB, but this is noise injected from the power supply and not USB noise as...
  13. DVDdoug

Please help. Mic, speakers and headphones!

I can't recommend speakers, and there is usually a lot of personal preference involved. If you get active monitors you can plug them into your interface (without an amplifier). A weaker signal means a worse signal-to-noise ratio. You amplify the signal, the noise also gets amplified and...
  14. Toku

Sabaj A30a announced

There is an unknown device displayed on USB in Device Manager, but is the display the same even if I disconnect the A30a's USB cable? Windows should be able to recognize the A30a without installing the driver XMOS_USBAudio_v5.68.0_2024-02-13_setup normally provided by Sabaj. Therefore, I suspect...
  15. DVDdoug

Looking for a new Audio Interface

What's wrong with the sound now? he main differences will be gain (presumably with the FetHead you've got enough gain) and noise (hum, hiss, or whine in the background). The most important things are usually your studio space and the microphone (and your performance). With a microphone most...
  16. Eleo

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

I favor option A with USB out. Currently, I'm using a very cheap DVD player hooked to the PC with EQ Apo. The main concern is mechanical noise when music is playing. I'm seeking a basic device, therefore no DAC, USB out, and no noise.
  17. E

A Basic question regarding "Digital Input Sample Rates"

Regarding sound quality, there is another aspect besides sample rate and bit depth and that is transfer of noise and ground loops. It depends on your setup and the entire chain, but USB can sometimes transfer a lot of noise which destroys the sound quality. I've experienced this myself: even...
  18. Jimster480

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Honestly, just use a good USB adapter, like a first party Samsung charger or LG or HTC, as all of those are quality. Otherwise, just buy one quality charger.
  19. R

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

USB noise: I'm using the D2R DAC's USB input. When starting playback, I hear a low noise on the XLR output. There is no noise on the RCA output. Is the ground loop causing this noise? Thanks!
  20. L

Interference with new KRK setup

Classical problem with Common mode USB noise from your PC. Your monitor as well as the PC and its Power-supply are all reference to PE earth ground. Since in the PC are high currents the USB GND potential can have a view mV offset and noise Easiest way to fix this, get a USB isolator. only...
Top Bottom