Search results

1. tomtoo

"Is Audiophile Snobbery Ruining our Hobby ?"

No problem as long they not call them audiophiles. They could call them selfe maybe aestheticphiles, support'o'philes..etc.
  2. tomtoo

Your Preferred Amplifier Topology

Class a/b was mature more than 40 years ago. Class D is not so long mature. But today it is.
  3. tomtoo

What (streaming radio station) are we listening to right now..

But there is a difference between Analog Radio, Digital Radio(dab) and internet streaming radio.So i see no difference regading security between digital(dab) radio and analog radio. Here is something wrong with the wording and i cant read swedish.
  4. tomtoo

Your Preferred Amplifier Topology

Class D couse its the most efficient. And does what it should do.
  5. tomtoo

I have not seen that if someone asks that people not try to help here.
  6. tomtoo

I would not say vulgarisation. If people not like to pay attention, there fault. There is enough objective information on ASR so you can learn how to handel SINAD. Imo its not on Amir or us to explain to each single person. You know the old saying? RTFM. ;) Or we should do a text?ASR for dummys...
  7. tomtoo

Again what should or can we do if some readers fixate, to much numberphile, on sinad? Its a usefull number, not more not less.
  8. tomtoo

Lets imagine you are right about some readers. What should/could @amirm and we do against it?
  9. tomtoo

UWAYKEY: Can an $18 Amplifier Be Any Good?

_= You could use a real beauty like this. http://www.dual-reference.info/tables/1234.htm (my first i was 15) Ceramic pick-up, no need for a phono pre. You not even need to clean the disk. The wight on the needel is so high, it goes thru dirt like butter. ;)
  10. tomtoo

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Amazing performer for the price. And a usb-c connector which is unpayable if you love your nervs.
  11. tomtoo

I never heard about killing a speaker with a failed tpa3116 or tpa3255. Are somewhere some statistics about this problem? I always thought they have more protection build in then many cheap discrete amps?
  12. tomtoo

Overall iam not realy happy with that power limiting out of thermal reasons. I not get a good explanaiton for it.
  13. tomtoo

The second way it cant be, couse the result would be on,off,on. And the first way looks complicated. How to decide plimit voltage to not get thermal protect that would switch off the chip?
  14. tomtoo

Its interesting. The only thing i could read "...7.3.11 Thermal Protection Thermal protection on the TPA31xxD2 family prevents damage to the device when the internal die temperature exceeds 150°C. There is a ±15°C tolerance on this trip point from device to device. Once the die temperature...
  15. tomtoo

There are many tube amps out there that measuring more worse, have less power, no BT or usb. And the owners think paying 1k is absolutly ok.
  16. tomtoo

Repeatedly blowing channels on MCA-50 amp?

If I blow always with that speaker my amp, i would be sceptical about that speaker.
  17. tomtoo

Repeatedly blowing channels on MCA-50 amp?

What center speaker you use?
  18. tomtoo

For me looks like the 4ohm power is determined by the 3amp powersupply not the amp.
  19. tomtoo

ASR burning the wrong witches?

Recording and mixing, was always and will allways be part of the art.
  20. tomtoo

drinking destiller water

A tds measurement tells you not much about how healty your drinking water is. https://www.aquasana.com/info/tds-meter-what-is-it-and-do-you-need-it-pd.html It tells you more how good your water is for your washingmaschine.
Top Bottom