Search results

1. D

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

I looked around and yes all of the new units had to switch to the AKM. Denon/Marantz pricing has increased dramatically and substituted a lower performing DAC. People shopping look here but most won't know that the performance they are getting probably is not what is shown here.
  2. D

Didn't the x3700 also have their DAC substituted? Might make just as much sense an x3700 if that is the case.
  3. D

Hopefully at some point, anyone with any of the models that have substituted DAC’s can be retested by @amirm to see what kind of impact it has. Denon has many excellent reviews here, but none of them have the substituted DACs so we have no idea of the impact of the change. These very good...
  4. D

Erin's interview with Greg Timbers

About half way through and it is quite enjoyable.... -Fun to see what his personal speakers are. Using K2 parts for his own active creation -Did anyone catch the model number of the ceiling speakers he was using? -Fun to get an inside peek into the dynamic between marking manufacturing, his...
  5. D

Home theater speaker selections?

Great to hear. My rule is never install a speaker that sounds bad :) I always like to listen to even surround or atmos speakers to make sure they sound good. I will usually listen to them in mono (downmixed stereo), stereo and with a sub. I may want more sensitive speakers for atmos like these...
  6. D

Thanks for the picture. Did you get a chance to listen to them in stereo to get a general idea on how they sound?
  7. D

I have been looking at the 8320 as well... -When you say in ceiling, do you mean mounted on the ceiling, correct? If so was it very difficult to mount to the ceiling? -Did you use use EQ to "fix" the x-curve type of response their documentation shows? -Can they comfortably do 80hz crossovers at...
  8. D

Did you ever think of JBL 708i/705i for surrounds? Powered versions would seem not very practical but the 705i in particular would seem to be pretty ideal for surround or even ceiling duty if your ceiling was high enough.
  9. D

Do you do Atmos? If so, what did you use? SLC-7 is very clever design for use as front wides
  10. D

Revel PerformaBe F226Be Floorstanding Speaker Review

I have to see if I can find my REW measurements, but I have the 226be in our living room and they are very enjoyable without subs. In my room, strong output to around 35hz. No room treatments of any kind and they sound really great. Bass output is very surprising. Their size/output/quality makes...
  11. D

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

That is a nice feature. The most promising thing is the continued development in features and fixes. I think that bodes well.
  12. D

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I agree it probably won’t happen... but many do use them in an HT environment and finish isn’t particularly important... except that that it doesn’t reflect. The currently finishes I like very much for living room use, but home theater use it isn’t necessary and would be better with a non...
  13. D

Trinnov Altitude / JBL SDP-75

I can't recall if it was posted or not, but I enquired about the full list of speakers that the SDP-75 would do speaker based EQ for and thought I would post it here. What I find interesting is the lack of newer revel speakers. This was some time ago and there could be more added by now. The...
  14. D

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

It is always interesting to me when people comment on product pricing and what it should be... There are a lot of variables when it comes to pricing. One is cost... this includes R&D, parts, manufacturing, advertising etc etc as well as quantity of items sold. As consumers, we can certainly...
  15. D

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Good to hear. It just seems that some (can't say how common it is of course) still have the issue. It is good to hear though and thanks for that info. As far as features, it can't be touched for 16 channels. Hopefully it will either have a replacement model, or become available again at some point.
  16. D

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

I would not necessarily agree it is stable... some users seem to still be affected by the reboot issue. If it didn't have this issue at all for anyone, I would agree it would be the one. I could not live with the unit if it still had a chance of that popping up. Their response/fix to this was...
  17. D

Official KEF Ci5160REF -THX spinorama

Thanks for sharing. That is great info. Also, pretty great for KEF to provide them to a customer. Maybe JBL will see this and start providing them again.
  18. D

Does this amp have a clipping indicator? I didn’t see it mentioned. It would seem like a useful feature on this amp.
  19. D

It is so easy.... to insist on adding more for Amir to do. If he says that doing QC/Reliability testing is beyond what he does or wants to do, can’t that just be the end of it? He doesn’t “owe” any of us anything IMO.
  20. D

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

This is correct and laid out very well. I learned this from a post @Jon AA made on either AVS or Audioholics (can’t recall). He showed the same thing. I know when the app came out there were a lot of complaints about lack of bass when using a sub curve. Post measurements show if you boost the...
Top Bottom