Search results

1. BoredErica

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

My best friend claims to hear 8030c hiss 40in away in a very quiet room. So I would say yes, the amps on a lot of actives are absolutely unacceptable to me. There have been many comments on ASR complaining 8030c's hiss.
  2. BoredErica

LGBTQIA+/Queer Audiophiles?

A lot of my music is from video games or random playlists on Youtube from when I was playing said video games. I like to buy tracks I really like in flac and play them in Foobar but most people around me listen on Youtube and Spotify only. I told my brother, I feel old school because I don't...
  3. BoredErica

I'm going to be honest. The only artists on there I've heard of are Elton John, Prince, David Bowie, and Sam Smith. Of which, the only artist I've heard from is Sam Smith. I don't have their tracks in my playlist but I do remember Stay with Me being nice! I think I'm also young so some other...
  4. BoredErica

I only know of one LGBT artist that I have tracks in my playlist actually. It is Adam Lambert. I used to listen to What do you Want from Me? a lot in high school. But I don't know much about most of the artists I listen to, so some of them might be LGBT, I just don't know.
  5. BoredErica

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

My problem started as elevated and audible background noise at seating position. Then a day later, noises started popping up every once in a while. The problem did not move to right channel until at least 2 weeks from onset of issues. Since then issues were 90% on right channel. I'm reluctant...
  6. BoredErica

Has anyone gotten left channel problems to start but then have problems move to right channel, with most of the problems moving over to the right channel rather than both channels failing all the time? I haven't see anyone report this failure pattern apart from me.
  7. BoredErica

I think it's normal for people to want to discuss stuff with other people that fit into their group. They like to discuss things and share common experiences. Like how people who like audio often find spaces online to talk about audio. Or religion, or country of origin, or whatever. I think it's...
  8. BoredErica

Imagine shopping for speakers and they have to pass waf for both people in the relationship...
  9. BoredErica

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Personally, I'm not in stage of my life where I feel comfortable spending $6k on speakers. Audio is by far not my #1 hobby, and I'd rather save that money for earlier retirement. Maybe in a decade. And even if I was willing to spend so much, surround sound viability depends on my ability to make...
  10. BoredErica

I'd need some examples of how PA5 might be misused in a way that causes all the people voted to experience similar symptoms, but for people who make similar mistakes not to get problems with other amps. And using unbalanced source and losing 1db sinad doesn't count. This thread doesn't need...
  11. BoredErica

Friend was curious and wanted to know.
  12. BoredErica

New Windows Media Player Review

Why is Douglas Blake in an argument every other time I see his posts? jesus. It's just WMP, it's not worth having a rant/argument over.
  13. BoredErica

That's from anechoic measurements and not Klippel right?
  14. BoredErica

New set of graphs for all speakers reviews

Were some scores changed? I remember 8030c's score w/ sub+eq being 9 and for LS50 Meta being 8.5.
  15. BoredErica

I just find it funny pablolie's trying to tell others that their music with sounds under 60hz is not real music. It's just so obviously absurd it made me chuckle. MY MUSIC is REAL MUSIC. Yours ain't!
  16. BoredErica

I hope with the push to products like LS60 the integrated amps will last a long time. Can I count on longevity and repair history like Genelec stuff?
  17. BoredErica

True, forgot about that. Could just be listening to dac noise. That's what I get when posting at 3am lol.
  18. BoredErica

What is sensitivity of the tweeter? If sinad of purifi is not high enough that concerns me.
  19. BoredErica

Why do people post about whether their pa5 works fine or not without saying how long they've used it or how they use it? If all you want to do is say it works okay or not then just vote in the poll.
  20. BoredErica

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I'd have to probably pay way too much shopping to return my pa5 back to China. What if replacement has issue too? So I hope they get to bottom of the problem soon so I can get a fixed unit.
Top Bottom