Search results

1. dualazmak

What do you look for in a Home Power Amp , Specs , Aesthetics , Amp Class "A" or "A/B" or "D"

Although a little bit out of your scope, I went through an intensive amplifier evaluation/selection exploration for about one year during March 2020 - February 2021 in my multichannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier stereo audio project; I evaluated several Class-AB, -A, -D, -A(H)B and...
  2. dualazmak

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Thank you for your follow-up. I could find it on YouTube; Vitali: Chaconne in G minor, Heifetz & Ellsasser (1950) I love this also; Vitali: Chaconne in G minor, Tomoko Kawada & Maki Tanaka, Charity Live for the victims of the Tsunami March 11, 2011 in North-East Japan
  3. dualazmak

Time aligned speakers - do they make sense?

My strategy/policy on possible (or impossible?) off-axis measurement in my mulitchannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier stereo setup is almost identical to @gnarly's above approach; for satisfactory off-axis measurements, I believe that I need to bring my entire system into anechoic...
  4. dualazmak

Uncompromising DIY loudspeakers

Interesting thread... My "compromise" and "uncompromise" would be multichannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier "2-CH stereo" audio system to enjoy music using nice rigid existing still wonderful SP cabinet and SP drivers. You would please find my latest system setup here on my project...
  5. dualazmak

Even though I have so many recordings of Vitali's Chaconne, after all I always return to this Jacques Thibaud's; Jacques Thibaud plays Vitali Chaconne (arr.Charlier), 1936 TOCE-7826 EMI Angel
  6. dualazmak

Even though I posted this before here, please allow me to share again on this thread. András Schiff (Andras Schicff) - JS Bach. Overture in French Style and Suites in B minor BWV831 So far, I mean before this YouTube clip, I have been much fascinated by Glenn Gould's performance in...
  7. dualazmak

Interesting... Just for our reference, using 8-wave, 3-wave and single-wave tone burst signals, we can rather easily objectively measure as well as objectively visualize (using Adobe Audition) and objectively adjust time alignment between subs and woofers, cleanliness and tightness of the sound...
  8. dualazmak

My general impression and strategy/policy... All of the theoretical discussions and upstream measurements in digital and analog domains should be fully objectively measured proved validated (with no "black-box type" analysis included) in our individual room air sound in our own audio...
  9. dualazmak

Looks many people here would be interested in not only "time alignment" but also "Fq response". Just for your reference, therefore, present best tuned (for my ears and brain) Fq response at listening position of my perfectly (0.1 msec precision) time-aligned (see my above posts #86 and #90)...
  10. dualazmak

What are you folks listening to right now?

Vivaldi “Cello Sonata no 6 in B flat major, RV 46” Christophe Coin, 1987 F32L-20326 421 060-2 L'Oiseau-Lyre - Polydor
  11. dualazmak

Yes, I fully agree! I also believe it is critically important having reliable reproducible objective method to "measure" the time alignment (or "relative" delays) between all the SP drivers by using only the recorded room air sound; no "black-box type" procedure should be involved in the...
  12. dualazmak

Recently, I objectively measured and established 0.1 msec precision time alignment over all the SP drivers, i.e. sub-woofers, woofers, midrange-squawkers, tweeters and super-tweeters, in my multichannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier stereo setup. If you would be interested, please...
  13. dualazmak

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Hello again, @adLuke, Yes, this is exactly what I was mainly doing before this multichannel multi-amplifier project in my audio setup like; JRiver (all in DSDx2) --> ASIO USB driver --> OPPO SONICA DAC (or OKTO DAC8PRO as two channel DAC) --> ACCUPHASE E-460 --> LCR passive network in outer...
  14. dualazmak

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Hello @adLuke san, Welcome to this project thread! Your above inquiry is nice and important point, indeed. My present answer for you is "It is quite feasible enough and even ""needed"" to feed all the audio digital signals in 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz PCM (or 192 kHz, if you like) by JRiver's...
  15. dualazmak

Which is the best DSP option: DIRAC vs Acourate vs Audiolense vs RePhase vs ?

Just for your reference, I use EKIO on Windows 11 PC feeding crossover-ed/EQ-ed 8 channels into OKTO DAC8PRO in my multichannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier stereo project. You may find here the latest system configuration of my setup including the details of EKIO parameters. The...
  16. dualazmak

Even though I assume that I may configure my multichannel system for playing PC games support 7.5 and/or 5.1 surround audio, I have little interest on PC games. So far, and also at present and in future, my multichannel multi-driver multi-way multi-amplifier stereo system is dedicating for pure...
  17. dualazmak

Crossover Software for Windows, Linux, macOS.

Thank you for your quick fix! It is just fine now.
  18. dualazmak

Hello gagain, OP @Doodski, In my "default" screen color setting, the "EKIO" line is shown in gray color;
  19. dualazmak

Why do we need Xovers (anymore)?

Hello OP @adLuke, Your visits (and possible participations) to/on my project thread are quite welcome! I do hope my thread would be worthwhile for your reference, and I will be happy if the thread would provide some suggestions for your progress in system building with XOs and hopefully with...
  20. dualazmak

Hello OP @Doodski, As you well understand, EKIO is wonderful EQ, XO, DSP software for Windows, and I would like to suggest you may better to include EKIO in your XO software lists in your first post on this thread.
Top Bottom