Search results

1. amirm

Welcome to the New Review Index!

I hope we are past compatibility issues (but fix today) as then we are going to freeze this as version 1.0 and start work on future version with more functionality.
  2. amirm

OK, Android issue is fixed.
  3. amirm

SMSL HO100 Review (Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the SMSL HO100 balanced (input) stereo headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by Aoshida Audio and costs US $149. The HO100 matches its companion DO100 DAC. Switches feel nice and so does the volume control. While 4.4mm penticon connector is...
  4. amirm

"Is Audiophile Snobbery Ruining our Hobby ?"

How would your "experience" be relevant to what you are stating? How would you know all the customers of retailers and what percentage of them read or don't read forums? You think someone buying a audio gear from a retailer doesn't do a search? And land on a forum thread/post about it? What...
  5. amirm

Gosh, looks like we broke that. :( Let me see if we can get it fixed. Sorry about that.
  6. amirm

There is not but will put on todo list. Thanks.
  7. amirm

Good catch. Fixed. Thanks.
  8. amirm

Redirection on using an asr link...

Well, we have not changed anything at our end. But no doubt FireFox code has been evolving causing some incompatibility with that plug-in. When I get some breathing room, I will try to debug this but for now, the solution is to not use that combo of FireFox and DuckDuckGo.
  9. amirm

What we are most known of cannot be considered as dogma. If we just measured THD+N, that would be one thing. But we are not. People find the scoring of SINAD as a good measure of engineering and I fully support that. I can almost always predict the rest of the measurements from that one...
  10. amirm

Not really when the motivation is not the truth. Subjectivists bring up SINAD as a talking point. They attempt to marginalize what we do and then say we are marginalizing the measurements! And with videos like this, now we see same thing motivated now by competition. Measuring SINAD has...
  11. amirm

That is completely unfair to the membership. Every measurement and every line in every graph is understood by wide range of members here and discussed at length. No way is SINAD the only thing for regular members here. Olive score also as you well know is not part of my review, nor is it the...
  12. amirm

I was mentioned personally. Anyone reading my reviews knows that I do more listening tests than all other reviewers combined. And that measurements are extensive and go far beyond SINAD. As such, the positioning in the video is both incorrect and improper. It is one thing for a subjectivist...
  13. amirm

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Someone asked me about coil whine while the unit is powered but off. I checked for this and mine doesn't make any noise. But I know some who have bought the unit and heard it.
  14. amirm

It is a simple conversion. Assume the peaks of the tone are at 120 dBSPL, then subtract the distortion from it and see where it lands. In other words, the math assumes amplification with reference playback (peak) of 120 dBSPL (sometimes I use 115 dBSPL). If distortion is -130 dB, then it is...
  15. amirm

You mean set the min to 50 or something like that? If so, yes that is a good idea. Code is private right now with one of the best web developer I have ever had the pleasure of working with. :)
  16. amirm

That was my thought as well.
  17. amirm

If your phone can push LDAC, then it will be great. Otherwise, I find the performance of the rest of the BT codecs mediocre.
  18. amirm

What output voltage would you suggest for DACs?
  19. amirm

I don't know. But I set the volume to max and those are the results you see in the review. So a bypass mode wouldn't be any better.
  20. amirm

Yeh, it is not very discoverable. We will fix that in the future.
Top Bottom