Search results

1. S

Poll: do you use EQ/DSP, and if so what kind of system is it used on.

Sounds familiar, I let the equipment speak for itself, i.e., as built for a long time, i.,e. no equalization. That said, over time I became really tired of feeling the need to buy new HPs/Speakers when I found something that sounded . Too, the presence of ways to make your equipment sound...
  2. S

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Your point on cost is well taken; I started off at a lower price point but being naive to the benefits of EQ'ing (and sans ASR) I thought I needed to spend more to achieve better results. For example, my second pair of headphones were the HE4XX, but I rarely used them because the bass response...
  3. S

Correct. Selling: great question. The LCD-X yes, and I want to sell the LCD-24 and the Koss when I find something that replaces them type for type. I.e., I was looking to replace the LCD-24 possibly with the LCD-5. I have a pro-bias connector for the Koss and an SRM-353x that powers it nicely...
  4. S

The LCD's X and 24, Koss 95x, and a HD-800s sent and reviewed.
  5. S

Thanks. I did use the Oratory PEQ for the LCD-5, but here's the conundrum that Amir's reviews resolve for me: I made a few HP purchases pre-ASR's HP reviews (and EQ). One of those was the Audeze LCD-X and I thought it sounded pretty good due in part, to reviews and the rest due to my untrained...
  6. S

Understood and appreciated. Re; the frequency graphs, I was not aware, thank you, that's helpful.
  7. S

:) Having submitted (more at surrendered) 4 hp's to ASR review process previously, I am painfully aware of the (variable) timeframes. From that experience I do appreciate your comment. The 4 hp's were ones I owned - the value I gained from the interviews made me rethink spending money w/out...
  8. S

Audeze's LCD-5 and CRBN. I've auditioned both but bought neither - waiting for Amir's review before acting.
  9. S

Audeze LCD-24 Review (Headphone)

I agree that the distortion contest will be interesting as it plays out over time. For myself, I have both the LCD-24 and the ESP/95X and measured distortion has not been a factor because ASR-like measures did not exist at the time. Rather, I opted to use a Stax energizer (SRM-353X or...
  10. S

Great, that should be interesting!
  11. S

Similarly, Audeze provides software for the EQ's ($199) and HRTF's at no additional cost - Audeze Reveal + Plugin | VST Plugin and Audio Plugin
  12. S

Apple HomePod Review (Smart Speaker)

Thanks Amir for a review of a difficult device that many folks are interested in. I purchased mine as soon as it was announced and without auditioning it only to find that the bass was so pronounced it prevented me from turning it up very loud. Hopefully, your EQ mitigates it.
  13. S

Klipsch The Three Review (Powered Speaker)

Well, that's what they have been for the last several years, they don't get used much although I still enjoy them. I do not have the living space to support cranking them up, so they actually are reasonable to listen to at low volumes through Roon. Thanks to Amir and the ASR forum, I have a...
  14. S

Thanks Amir! It's nice to see this reviewed, and to know how it performs. It's great to know that it can be EQ'd readily and with excellent results. They''re getting better at their lack of distortion:)
  15. S

Klipsch The Three Review (Powered Speaker)

correction, "sells", they are discontinued.
  16. S

Do Audiophile Network Switches Make a Difference (video)?

Amir, The videos are a fantastic way to "read between the lines" of the reviews to learn things that are not in the reviews. Keep them coming! While I got the point from your reviews that audiophile switches were a touch on the scam side, the video clearly drove home how far and why.
  17. S

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

Thanks - I'll give it a try - I purchased the carbon fiber replacement when it came out (~1.5 yrs ago) and I see the strap is available for it for $39.
  18. S

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

My HD800S's never sounded so good.... Thank you Amir! Now for my HD650's
  19. S

Pentatone holiday music sale

Thanks for the link - I bought 8 Pentatone SACD's from there. Thanks - I think this will be handy in the future....
Top Bottom