Search results

1. M

Spdif out of Amazon Echo of Fire TV

Hello, I am thinking of getting an Amazon music single device subscription -> must use an Echo or Fire tv stick. What are the options to get a spdif out of either of those? Thanks.
  2. M

Ground loop advice needed

Hi, I had what I think was a ground loop with the following setup: Power strip > raspberry pi 4 official USB psu > raspberry pi 4 > Motu M4 Same power strip > random USB charger > sound blasters G6 > line out (unbalanced) > Motu M4 (the signal reaches to the G6 via toslink optical) Motu M4 >...
  3. M

How to integrate your turntable/analog source in your streaming system - Step by step instructions for dummies

Hello all, I thought it would be good to put together some simple instructions to integrate a turntable, or any other analog source, into a 2022 wifi streaming environment. My own experinece tells me there are at least two reasons one would want or need to do this: 1. There is a tendency...
  4. M

Problem with sub noise

Hello gang, I think I might have a problem with my new sub. But as it is also my first sub I am not sure it is a real problem, so wanted to ask here…. The sub is a SVS SB-1000 (non pro, but new, probably one of the last ones around). The problem is that whenever it is on, I can hear a...
  5. M

Have no speakers and need suggestions

Hi, Yes, starting today i am living the worst nightmare of a music aficionado. Had a pair of floorstanders and started to think of going bookshelf, one reason being space. Put them on sale "to see what happens" and in 24 hours they were gone, and i had no plan-B!! My system currently consists...
  6. M

Budget Standalone "Toslink > DSP > Toslink" with Camilladsp. Set up instructions for newbies.

Hello team, I wanted to share with anyone interested these easy to follow noob-proof instructions to build something that i think can be a very handy device for very little money. The motivation: Not long ago, and thanks to folks here, i decided to go ahead and do some room correction in my...
  7. M

Dummy to dummy multichannel DSP on the ultra cheap instructions

Hello guys, I have been reading and asking here and there about how to set up a multichannel system with DSP on the ultra cheap. And even though many of you helped me a lot to understand the implications and requirements and answer all my stupid questions (special thanks for @mdsimon2 in...
  8. M

Techmoan the new Amir?

It is even funnier after being used to read the reviews here PS: and don't miss the views count after just 4 days
  9. M

Legacy/budget 6 channel power amp recommendation

Hi, I am looking for a decent 6 channel power amp that i can find used in EU at a good price. I know the obvious answer is an AVR, but i prefer something with a cleaner fascia and smaller (if possible). I know the "small" part won't be easy, but there might be something out there.... What i...
  10. M

Question about Temperature Switch to activate cooling fan in Amp.

Hello all, I am in the process of placing my Allo Volt +D in a (plastic) box different to the original and with very limited ventilation. As I will use it mainly during summer I am thinking on attaching a fan to the box with a Normally Open temperature switch that I plan to place in contact with...
  11. M

Time to sell?

I have been doing some changes in my system recently (basically going balanced) and as a result buying/selling some stuff. I guess it is no news for anyone that prices are somehow crazy. Devices that were launched one or two years ago are now more significantly more expensive that when they...
  12. M

Need tone to wake up DAC and Amp

Hi guys, my knowledge and capabilities in audio start and end plugging cables and installing piCorePlayer in a raspberry, so i need someone's help here. I plan to use the following: Pi(moode) 》DAC (D30pro) 》power amp The D30pro can auto switch on when it receives a signal. The power amp can...
  13. M

Room correction - speakers moving

Hello all, My problem is a bit silly but i guess i am not the only one... After reading the forum for a while, my next project was to borrow an umik from ebay and perform room coŕrection in my livingroom. I have floorstanding speakers and tiles floor. Living with partner, kid, with friends of...
  14. M

Wireless volume knob recommendation needed

Hi, is there any wireless volume knob that works with moodeaudio or upnp or volumio or anything similar? The limitations are: no Roon and no need for a pc. Thanks for your input!
  15. M

Upstream eq with raspberry pi

Hi, I use an integrated streamer/DAC/amplifier so if i want to apply some equalization to music played from a NAS it needs to be done "upstream", that is, somewhere between the NAS and the streamer. To have a desktop computer or a laptop continuously on to do this is no option for me. Before...
  16. M

9v PSU recommendation for DAC

hi, I own a Pro-Ject DAC box USB since many years ago. I know it is old and cheap, but it is also very small, still looks great, and does everything I need (I also use it as a sort of preamp to switch between sources), so no need at all to "upgrade" (and generate more junk we don't need on...
Top Bottom