Search results

1. D

JBL 4349 Stands

Great tip, but due to local taxes and shipping from the US to Denmark, it will be close to 600 USD in my end:rolleyes:
  2. D

JBL 4349 Stands

There is a new high end stand in town for the JBL 4349, the Danish distributor made a deal with JBL about a replica of the Japan only model JS360. The model is called BS-360 and it is black whereas the original is blue. It is s only available within the EU (AFAIK) and the retail price is about...
  3. D

Connaker says: "Sonos PORT NOT Bit Perfect" !! Do you/we care?

The Sonos app is the most user-friendly you can find at this point in time, that's why a lot of people wants it to be bitperfect to feed an external DAC. Pi3,4 etc. is for nerds, and if you don't believe me then ask you a girl you know about how to setup a Pi4 for music purposes ;) I love...
  4. D

A look inside the Sonos Port

Still missing a link to a review of the port with measurements, anyone? :) Sonos claim to have improved the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of the DAC by greater than 10dB relative to Connect, so chances are very good for a perfect 16 Bit coax output to a high-end DAC. I agree that high-res output...
  5. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

It all room dependent, one thing I have learned through the years is to buy speakers that matches the room, going for the opposite is a lost cause. DSP can only help to a certain point, after that your speakers will loose their signature sound. That's why you should always get a home audition...
  6. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

They would probably win that contest :), but what I meant was that they will ever get that airy/hollow slam big woofers have, big woofers have a more "live sound" than small ones.
  7. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I have to disagree, the 12" woofer is part of the experience making the music free and vibrant and what it takes to makes chest pounding bass:D, I know you can get more bass with 2 x 8" woofers, but they will always sound compress/restrained when pushed and never achieve that chest pounding...
  8. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

It been 3 months since I got my JBL 4349, and I have to say hands down it the best speaker I have ever owned regardless of price. On the technical side they might not live up to everyone expectations, but all I can say is that they are easy to place in a room, plays lovely and loud as hell...
  9. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

The JBL 4429 was a Japan version only at first, the spec are slightly different compared to the later Euro version. They extend down to 38hz -6db, euro version is 40hz -6db. The euro version also have a different tune on the horns with more roll-off to tame some of the sibilance that many Asian...
  10. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I owned both the 4429 and 4367, loved the 4429 and never became good friends with the 4367, way to detailed for me. Anyway I was looking for a pair of new or second hand 4429 as I really regret selling them, but could not find any, so I went to audition the 4349. The pair only had a few hours of...
  11. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

The JS-360 does not that great looking up close, the weldings are ugly and the paint to shiny. They are also way to tall, if I remember correctly your sweet spot is something like 105 cm.
  12. D

New JBL 4349 Speakers

They look very nice:) I have both the JBL 4349 and the JS-120 stands. Distance between speakers are 2.5 meter and listening position is 3.3 meters, the height of the official stands are perfect but the tilt could be a little lower for my listening distance, 4-5 degrees would be perfect for both...
  13. D

Volumio Primo measurements

Primo DAC chip: ES9028Q2M https://digiphonix.home.blog/2019/05/08/volumio-primo/#jp-carousel-389
  14. D

Volumio Primo measurements

Hi, Has anyone seen a review of the Volumio Primo with some measurements, it looks like a very neat box and people seems to praise the sound quality, but I would like to have some science to back it up before buying. I have asked Volumio for some more detailed specs but they will not share...
Top Bottom