Search results for query: Arcam review

1. H

Arcam AVR x0 questions?

Hi, I saw the arcam avr10 and av40 reviews on here and am looking for clarification on what exactly the IMD measurement is and its impact on the sound. The THD and SINAD are both (while obviously not good at ALL) somewhat competent: i could see an audio product existing with -74db sinad. But...
  2. G

Denon X8500HA or Arcam AVR 31

Hi, I am currently thinking about upgrading my old Pioneer LX83 AV receiver which is 12 years old now, looking to improve on it's 2 channel stereo performance from and from a surround sounds perspective. My question is, will the Denon X8500HA surpass the sound of the LX83? which was reviewed as...
  3. S

sold Arcam Alpha 10 Rare Integrated Amplifier Excellent Pristine Condition

sold elsewhere. Universally praised, you will not find a bad review on this integrated amplifier. Everything works as it should. ** Output power: 100W into 8 ohms, both channels driven (20dBW); 170W into 4 ohms, both channels driven (19.3dBW). ** Harmonic distortion: 0.2% typical (1kHz at...
  4. N

Budget AMP for Focal Aria 948

I've found in really good price Arcam SA30. Reviews are great, has streaming option. Will be that good choice for Aria's 948?
  5. A

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Hi! Greetings from Spain! Im considering this RZ50 or the RZ70 or the Arcam AV40 for 2K€ I have currently a NAD758 (worst avr reviewed here I think lol). I have a rotel 1095 for the mains, so powersupply wont be a problem. Taking that in consideration, which one would be better guys? Saw...
  6. X

I need a new AVR and I need help deciding.

I find myself in a bit of a conundrum when it comes to choosing between the Denon AVR-S760H and the Arcam AVR10 for my home theater setup. The Denon is a 7.2 channel receiver, available as a refurbished unit on Amazon, whereas the Arcam is a 7.2.4 channel receiver offered as an open box item...
  7. G

Arcam FMJ SR250 quick HDMI measurements

Arcam FMJ SR250 quick measurements The Arcam SR250 and Onkyo RZ50 are currently the cheapest ways to get 2 channels of Dirac Live - Full Bandwidth 2 channel amplification DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD support 4K HDMI switching HDMI-CEC/ARC The Arcam has already seen a very nice review by @Kal...
  8. Alb_listens

Amplifiers, streamers and confusion. What to buy for 1000€?

In the next days I will go to a physical shop to try out some other equipment. Has someone an opinion about the new Arcam Radia series? It's getting very good reviews!
  9. A

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Which reviews do you refer? Amir has no game changing review.
  10. ban25

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

RZ70 has a new design with a well-regarded DAC, so I would expect at least as good pre-out performance as Amir measured on the RZ50 and better amp performance.
  11. J

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Given the good reviews for the arcam, how close do you think the arcam is when comparing against the perfomance of a seperate dac and power amp. Recivers are generally getting poor reviews on this site in favour of seperates, but the arcam seems something of a game changer, are manufacturers...
  12. Hattrick

Adding a External DAC for my Arcam AVR 850

I am own and am using an Arcam AVR 850 for everything. It is my sole control unit for music, and video. Curiosity got me interested to see if I can achieve an even more musical experience for my CD media and my Amazon Music HD streaming. Thus I landed and purchased a WiiM Pro. I was...
  13. Hart

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I think there are a lot of great DACS and headphone amplifiers, ASR has seen to that. I think we need to see better AVR's, pre-amps and amps. I really like to see coveted products from around 1980 - 2010 are reviewed. Especially ones that audio magazines said were great at the time. I find that...
  14. RenPa

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

I would wish you could have the chance to test Arcam AVR21 more recent model. Shipping my own is too scarry for me unfortunatly. Are you not an Harman company so maybe one day?. Mine came back from repair under warranty (long story not interesting) but if someone her could explain to me this...
  15. amirm

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

First, I provide transparency on that when there is a difference. You can choose to use whichever number you like. Second, as I explained in the Marantz review thread, I don't know how clean or dirty HDMI sources are relative to my HTPC. Until I figure that out, I am opting to give benefit...
  16. O

When does it make sense to place preamp between components?

I have bought the teac NT 701 (streaming dac pre) and matching AP 701 (power) amp. I have bought them because the components supposed to measure better as my arcam sr250 (as some say measure bad in the channel separation department) and thus have better sound on my Dynaudio special forties. The...
  17. T

Rotel has something going on?

I’ve listened to all the brands you mentioned. I was told pre pros sound better than receivers but my newer NAD is all class D and it sounds amazing, it’s just junk, if that makes sense. None of the brands you mentioned come close to the NAD sound. I’d say Marantz was the closest. Rotel is still...
  18. K

Arcam AVR850 Home Theater AVR Review

Interesting and informative review, thanks. Since this product is intended for use with Dirac, is it possible the engineers didn’t bother trying to reduce high frequency noise in the DAC section because that will be eliminated by in-room sound processing? I have an old AVR400 and to me the...
  19. D

Rotel has something going on?

Onkyo, Pioneer, Integra, Klipsch and a few others are owned by Voxx / PAC, Sound United has been bought out by Masimo, and owns D&M, DefTech, Polk and a few others.... Yes there has been consolidation - but there is still quite strong competition between these players! Note also that Samsung...
Top Bottom