Search results

1. B

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Let me guess. Not level matched, not double blinded, and you heard a difference. Try it again with proper controls.
  2. B

You replied to a post about speaker cables. This review was about balanced interconnects, not speaker cables. The measurements in this "article" are not the same as the measurements Amir has done for speaker cables.
  3. B

Yes, they would. Amir measured several speaker cables a few years ago. As part of those measurements, he measured resistance. Resistance varied with gauge, as expected.
  4. B

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

I may have to re-think my position on using toilet paper in audiophile setups. According to that commercial, one can "See, Feel, and Hear the Difference" with the new Charmin! So maybe they did have audiophiles in mind when they created it!?!? Nasty side note: Hear the difference? In toilet...
  5. B

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Didn't that person ever hear the sage advice "Don't Squeeze the Charmin?!?!?!"
  6. B

Philharmonic BMR Monitor Semi-Objective Review - Road Show Stop 1

They are. That's why a single "in-room frequency response measurement" doesn't tell us a whole lot about how a speaker sounds to us. Even when EQ'd to be the same, the ratio of direct to reflected sound will be different for the two tweeters, and the reflected sound itself will be different...
  7. B

KEF Reference 1 META Bookshelf Speaker Review by Erin's Audio Corner

From the front, the Ref cones have about double the number of "ribs" compared to the R cones. From the back, as jhaider wrote, the magnets are completely different.
  8. B

KEF Reference 1 META Bookshelf Speaker Review by Erin's Audio Corner

In comparing the measurements of this one vs. the R3, the biggest difference (to me at least) is the tradeoff of bass vs. sensitivity. The R3 has about 4dB higher sensitivity, while the Ref 1 has relatively more midbass output (in the 50-150Hz range). The R3 tweeter also seems a little hotter...
  9. B

Do internal speaker wires matter.

I think some of you guys need to remember that SimpleTheater is known for his world-famous cables sense of humor.
  10. B

What are the best speakers that try to emulate live music?

Impulse response and step response are mathematically related, just as impulse and step functions are, in an LTI system. I don't know how to respond to this because I'm not sure what is being said.
  11. B

I've read that. Did you read page 4, where he quotes Toole: "The advocates of accurate waveform reproduction, implying both accurate amplitude and phase responses, are in a particularly awkward situation. In spite of the considerable engineering appeal of this concept, practical tests have...
  12. B

What constitutes a "good" impulse response and good step response?
  13. B

Did someone here pissed somebody so badly??

The more interesting question is why did you create a second account here, clearnfc, also known as escksu?
  14. B

Help with Chinese Language

A health-related forum I visit used to get hit with it every night. This was probably 6 or 8 years ago. There are probably many spammers all doing the same thing.
  15. B

Help with Chinese Language

It's not a spam bot. How do I know? I private messaged him and wrote that he was bringing shame upon his family. He replied with a Chinese character indicating that I'm a d!ck. :D
  16. B

Do MQA DACs benefit non-MQA music?

Step 1: Invent a non-existent problem. Step 2: Convince people the problem is real and important. Step 3: Invent a non-needed solution to non-existent problem. Step 4: Market non-needed solution. Step 5: Profit.
  17. B

deciding between audio phisic classic20, martin logan xt60 or kef r7?

Thanks. That helps. Sometimes when people show pics, there are huge problems with the setup. Not the case here. It's reasonable (and a nice room!). I do agree with the other suggestions to move the speakers in a little closer to center (a little more away from sidewalls). Normally I would...
  18. B

deciding between audio phisic classic20, martin logan xt60 or kef r7?

Can you share a picture of how your speakers are positioned in your room?
  19. B

Revel bookshelf comparison of M16's to M105's

The measurements of the M105 and M106 do show a slightly better directivity, sound power, etc for the M105, due to the smaller midwoofer. But the bass extension is less on the M105. So, yes, it's a tradeoff, and reasonable people can disagree. Kevin Voecks of Revel has said the opposite of...
Top Bottom