Search results

1. Y

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

Wharfedale Diamond 12.4 or Fyne F303i. That's the extent of my budget!
  2. Y

Sanity check - matching amp to speakers

Thank you everybody for the assistance and the useful suggestions. It's been really helpful, not just for choosing speakers, but also understanding the real world significance of published specs.
  3. Y

Thanks Valerianf. I'm willing to bet that that I don't listen at a particularly loud volume. I think I'll pick up an SPL meter to measure listening volumes with my current speakers.
  4. Y

Thank you everyone for taking the time to send me some advice. I really do appreciate it.
  5. Y

Hi Snoopy. Thanks for the advice - I'll definitely factor it in.
  6. Y

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Nouvelle Vague's cover of Bauhaus' Bela Lugosi's Dead is a fun one.
  7. Y

Thank you both, your replies were very helpful. I might well go for the Wharfedales!
  8. Y

Hi all I'm looking at my next speakers, and as well as a number of models reviewed by Amir (mostly standmount models) I keep coming back to the Wharfedale 12.4s as an affordable possibility. My amp is a tiny WXA50, a model which Amir has reviewed on this site. The WXA50 will put out 55 watts...
  9. Y

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there [sic] buys off audiosciencereview?

I bought the WXA50 based on Amir's review, and it's how I'll be choosing my next speakers.
  10. Y

First attempt with MathAudio

Ah, jeffbook, I understand! MathAudio only cuts out frequencies, it cannot directly boost them. So, drawing in my boost at 2khz achieves nothing. I will adjust using the EQ component you suggested, and have a look in the cupboard for my dunce hat. Thanks!
  11. Y

Hi all Amirm/jeffbook, I've added the tilt using the 'neutral' option in MathAudio. Also, rather than use Foobar's EQ, I've just drawn in the 2khz-ish boost directly in MathAudio, so we'll see how well that works. Time to go and play some music! Here are the new adjustments, in case anyone's...
  12. Y

Hi all Thank you very much for your input. The speakers are Q Acoustics 3010i (a hopefully temporary measure, although I've been pleasantly surprised by them). I will try the boost at 2000hz and add in the tilt as suggested. I will post the new chart in case anyone's interested. Thanks!
  13. Y

Thanks ad_fletch, I'll give that a try.
  14. Y

Hi all I've made my first attempt at room correction using the Foobar MathAudio component and a UMIK-1. I understand the principle that the adjusted frequency response cannot resolve the deep dip between 100hz and 200hz in the left channel (please see below) for fear of causing excessive and...
  15. Y

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Can't afford to buy or send these at present (probably ever), but I'd be interested to see the measurements for the Mycetias Vulcanians and Wharfedale Lintons.
  16. Y

Using filters to improve speaker performance

Thanks all, your information was very useful. I'll try applying DSP in Jriver after my new (cheap) setup is delivered.
  17. Y

Using filters to improve speaker performance

Hi all First of all I just wanted to say thanks to ASR. I've really enjoyed using the site and reading the forums. I was reading the review of the Q Acoustics 3020i in which Amirm describes how a sharp filter at 40hz filter helped to improve the sound, and was wondering what the consensus was...
Top Bottom